RM-30

JDoyle

Re: rm30
« Reply #20 on: 8 Dec 2003, 08:48 pm »
Quote from: Brian Cheney
We expect to be able to deliver the RM30 by Jan 30.

Brian,  Am I correct in assuming that they will look along the same lines as the RM-2 except with an 8" baffle?  Also the same wood choice and finish options?

John

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
rm30
« Reply #21 on: 8 Dec 2003, 08:54 pm »
All finish and other options will be available on the RM 30.  It is 20" deep, remember, but can be placed directly against a back wall if needed.  The FST, Soundcoat and 10" Megawoofer are all standard at the $3500pr price.

doug s.

• makin' music
Re: rm30
« Reply #22 on: 8 Dec 2003, 08:59 pm »
Quote from: Brian Cheney
All finish and other options will be available on the RM 30.  It is 20" deep, remember, but can be placed directly against a back wall if needed.  The FST, Soundcoat and 10" Megawoofer are all standard at the $3500pr price.

so, all except 10" woofer above, is included for $3200/pair, for the non-10" wersion?  what about cost of:
-extra for 6.5" wersion of megawoofers?
-extra for trt & aura caps?
-extra for better wiring?
-extra for full-wrap veneer?
-shipping included?

thanks,

doug s.

RickRichardson

RM-30
« Reply #23 on: 8 Dec 2003, 11:46 pm »
JDoyle

I am very happy with my B&K 7270 amp.  I have tried the experiment of running two 626R's as a center using a bi-wire speaker cable from one channel only.  That means the amp is seeing a 2 ohm load, in theory.  The amp is rated and tested at 8 and 4 ohms, according to the manufacturer, and also is stable to 2 ohms.  I did not seem to have any problem running both speakers from one channel.  I have, however, just to be on the safe side, gone to running each of the two center 626's from a separate channel, spliting the signal coming from my preamp center channel.  I really cannot hear a difference between them on one or two channels.  

I have run both dynamic and hybrid ribbon/dynamic drivers speakers with the amp and it does an excellent job.

RickRichardson

RM-30
« Reply #24 on: 9 Dec 2003, 03:51 am »
JDoyle

I just learned that my particular pair of 626R's are 8 ohms, not 4.  Therefore driving two with one channel of the amp represents only a 4 ohm load, which the amp is rated and tested for.  Sorry about that.  Anyways, the amp is excellent into 4 or 8 ohms.