Attn AC Manufacturers . .

jimdgoulding

Attn AC Manufacturers . .
« on: 26 Jan 2009, 11:38 pm »
Dear Manufacturers and members-  Hi.  I talked the moderator of the Pink Fish Media forum in the UK, Tony L., into opening a "trade discussion" forum for manufacturers and open discussion with members.  This has been is a pretty button down place.  Dealers opposed this.  Don't think I need to tell you why.  But Tony liked the idea.  Markus Sauer is a moderator there.  He is a very good writer for those of you who may not know.  Wrote a two part article for Stereophile some years ago entitled "God is in the Nuance".  I can send anybody a copy if they would like.  I did this to unbutton the place for all the manufacturers here to include myself.  Their currency is awfully good vis a vis the dollar and I don't think the UK is very aware of manufacturers who market online and sell direct.  If anyone would care to have the particulars, I will reply in a PM.  Onward and upward with a stiff upper lip, don't you know.  I'm hoping this will be beneficial to you.
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2009, 03:24 am by jimdgoulding »

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
Re: Pink Fish forum, a new horizon
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2009, 11:50 pm »
Nice - thanks for the effort.  :thumb:

British pound dropped a lot since last summer, US goods may be quite expensive there now....not sure though, do we have any UK based members - they will know for sure? :scratch:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2009, 12:02 am »
Oh.  Hadn't considered that.  Hopefully somebody can tell us.

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2009, 12:25 am »
Regardless of the currency exchange rate - UK is still a good market. Seems less parochial that some others in EU.

jimdgoulding

Re: Attn AC Manufacturers . .
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2009, 07:26 pm »
I'll be bumping this (just once more) to the banner position so that the intended folks are more likely to see it.  Thanks for your indulgence.

iGrant

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2009, 08:34 pm »
Thanks for the link, signed up ages ago, and have lurked there a bit, but never posted. How does one get access to posting in the locked sections? We'll be launching in Europe this year.

Cheers,
Ian

jimdgoulding

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2009, 09:17 pm »
Grant-  Hi.  You have a PM.

cryoparts

« Reply #7 on: 28 Jan 2009, 10:10 pm »
Hi Jim,

Send me a PM with the details.

Peace,

Lee

jimdgoulding

« Reply #8 on: 3 Feb 2009, 04:54 pm »
Polite bump for makers of things audio and sellers.

iGrant

« Reply #9 on: 7 Feb 2009, 07:22 pm »
Signed up Jim and can now post, thanks for the tips. Look forward to entering the market 'over there' :)

Cheers,
Ian

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #10 on: 7 Feb 2009, 07:39 pm »
I would be interested in looking over the details as well.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #11 on: 7 Feb 2009, 08:19 pm »
Bill-  Hi.  There is a new section at Pink Fish titled "Trade Discussion" that allows for you to open a topic, introduce yourself and your message, and converse with the PF body.  This was prohibited before now.  No two way conversations were allowed.  You can stimulate it at will.  There is a hitch, Tony requires a $50 fee to join.  I believe it may be annual.  You can open in the other topics under Commerce, too.  You'll see what I mean when you visit.  Look for a post by Tony L and click on his name for his profile, then click on "contact info" in the small print to send him a message.  If I haven't answered questions you may have correctly, feel free to reply and I will try.  Maybe I'll see you over there. 

And about something special, maybe- I've been told by customers that I should contact you about contributing to your mods for select speakers.  One guy you know quite well, I remember he's in the business tho I can't recall his name.  Would you be interested in discussing?

Jim
chief all around boy
www.diffractionbegone.com