My SongTower RTs

sfox7076

My SongTower RTs
« on: 25 Jan 2009, 07:22 pm »
So here are some pics of my SongTower RTs.  I took them quick when I had the camera out for other reasons.  Sadly I have been so busy at work (corporate bankruptcy lawyer) and  preparing to donate bone marrow to someone (I have to say if you are a healthy person, please sign up to donate.  The odds are you will never match someone, but hey, I matched someone who I don't know) that I have barely had any free time.  Anyway, here they are.  They are in a curly cherry as you can see.  They are much more beautiful than the Paradigms that they replaced.  When they arrived there was a minor slice in one part of the veneer, but you need to really look to find it, so it is of no worry to me.  The song center is in the center cabinet unit for now (temporary piece), but when I move to Brooklyn, it will emerge and be on display.  The speakers will move as well.  They are set too close to the stereo cabinet right now.  Ah, New York Apartments.  The Song Surrounds are sitting in the back part by the listening area.  I will post pictures of them sometime soon, but no time right now. 

I love the speakers.  They sound better than they look (if that is possible).  The Decemberists have never sounded better.  I would add "Crane Wife 1 and 2" to any demo cd.  At 11:26 it is a bit much to sit through to test, but the dynamic range in the song is pretty impressive.  You hear the hammer hit the xylophone before it rings.  The bass is tight and clean.  The best thing I can say is that I find myself rediscovering the music I own, hearing nuances I never knew were there.  I wish I was better at articulating what it sounds like, but I just know what I like versus what I don't.  These are amazing.

The above accurately shows the color.

Jim was a great help in picking the veneer.  The idea was to have it fit in with the stereo cabinet on the far left.  Not the same color, but fit the scheme.  He hit the nail on the head.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Re: My SongTower RTs
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2009, 02:18 am »
I couldn't be happier that a pair made it to Manhatten.   They're loooooooooking good.   Do you have to move them to Brooklyn? 

R Swerdlow

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2009, 02:39 am »
Shawn

I remember your earlier post when you were first thinking about replacing your Paradigm speakers.  Your SongTower RTs look excellent.  I'm glad to see how much you like them.  It gets better and better the more you listen to them :thumb:.

Nuance

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2009, 03:50 am »
Congrats!  About time a pair made it to that city.  :)  There is nothing like rediscovering your music catalog.  I do it every day.

Enjoy and congrats. 

evan1

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2009, 09:43 am »
I wouldn't mnd hearing the RT's when you move to Brooklyn I am In staten Island. I would like to hear the difference from mine

Rocket

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2009, 10:09 am »
Hi,

Great speakers and I bet they sound better than your old paradigm's.

Regards

Rod

HerculePirate

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2009, 03:11 pm »
A request SFox to also post the pics on the Members Gallery too along with your present electronics list...
Would love to see that thread alive.

Thank you very much.

Regards

HP

sfox7076

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jan 2009, 12:30 pm »
My rig is an Outlaw Audio 990 Pre-Amp, a 770 amplifier, an Arcam T72 CD Player, and a Sony ES 400 disc changer.