Linn Lingo $500, Just Add Sondek: SOLD!!!!!

orthobiz

Linn Lingo $500, Just Add Sondek: SOLD!!!!!
« on: 25 Jan 2009, 01:33 am »
Am getting ready to put my Linn Lingo Version 1 up for sale on eBay, thought I'd try it here first. It gives you 33.33333 and 45 with the push of a button. Rock solid speed control. Better sound, blacker blacks, etc. You Linnies should know who you are!

I am the second owner. I rate it a 7/10. There's a tiny, tiny pinhole area of exposed metal on the top and around it the black paint is ever slightly lighter, like someone cleaned around a blemish. If you look really hard at the two pictures (front and back), it's hinted on the right hand side, near the middle of the machine.

The front face has a slight blemish like a tiny comet that ends in the Linn Lingo logo, it's 20mm long and can only be seen if you are reflecting light directly off the flat black face. You can almost see it on the first picture, that's pretty much how visible it is in real life.

The unit to my critical eye is still extremely presentable.

S/N 011509. It comes with a new turntable on/off switch, new circuit board and a new connector cable from the Lingo to the Sondek (I upgraded to the Lingo2 and all of that stuff was already in place).

Buyer adds shipping. It will be double boxed, like I'm sending it to myself. I unfortunately do not have the original box nor the original manual.

I see them going for over 600 bucks all the time on eBay, but they all seem to be from across the pond with exorbitant shipping costs to the States. This one is a Scottish Lingo in Michigan! I will include a generic IEC cord (which is what it came with) but I don't know which of many generic black power cords went specifically with this unit...

It also has a wheel in the back (last picture) for voltage adjustments, so I think it can be used anywhere.

I am also including a copy of the owner's manual. My eBay name is orthobiz, you can check my feedback (one negative in March 2001, I'm still trying to get over it...) And it's guaranteed. If it's not right for you, send it back (e-mail me first).

Paul

« Last Edit: 9 Mar 2009, 11:47 pm by orthobiz »

orthobiz

Re: Linn Lingo $500, Just Add Sondek
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2009, 10:45 pm »
Did I mention it's triple boxed? I've been on the look out for the PERFECT set of boxes and I'm happy to report that I've found it.

Hey, how about free shipping to the 48 conterminous United States?

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2009, 10:25 pm »
Depending upon how old your Linn is, you may need to get a 50Hz motor to use this upgrade.

Not that anyone asked,,,,,

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2009, 02:42 pm »
I'm just too lazy to do the eBay ad right now. But these things go for 6 or 7 hundred bucks easy, usually not as good looking as mine. And I wrote to someone on Audiogon who is actually looking for one of these, with no reply.

Where have all the Linnie's gone???

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #4 on: 25 Feb 2009, 01:48 am »
OK, so the use of "conterminous" in my previous post was appallingly pretentious. "Contiguous" would have sufficed. Or even the "lower 48."

And it would be a stretch to expect you to run out and buy a Linn Sondek just so you could buy my Lingo. But if you did buy a Linn with only a Valhalla or Basik configuration, your ears would be rewarded by buying this wonderful unit.

Take heed: I may even post pictures of the custom triple boxing I've used for shipping if you continue to refuse to buy my Lingo...

Paul

KBK

• Teo Audio
« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2009, 02:33 pm »
You have to remember that all of us Linnes are basically Scots. This means, that as we hop around on our one shoe, drinking the cheap scotch..we await some sort of better deal. We each fervently hope that we can wait it out, and that you will drop your price more-and that we will be the one who nabs it.

They we are also crass enough to mention that the Hercules board from the UK is probably to blame for this situation.

Then some ass comes along and says that the Herc board is only $250, so yours should be cheaper than that.

Then we next proceed to the expected blow-up version of the 20 page rant war:Why When I went to change the  record on my original LP12, it had one lousy red lit power button, one speed, and a Grace arm (we all stop for a few seconds and wax poetic about the Grace arm) and I had to get up and change records! Up Hill! Both ways!

My springs have never tuned properly! My springs never go out of tune! Why, I'm so scottish - I'm still using my original belt! etc. etc.

orthobiz

« Reply #6 on: 28 Feb 2009, 03:01 pm »
Hey, mine originally came with a black Grace 707!

I've never heard of the Hercules board but unless it's from the right place in Scotland then it can't be any bloody good, can it? And any Scotsman worth his salt would make an offer, no matter how ridiculously low, right?

Springs? What springs? Any vid on that one foot dancing?

Paul
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2009, 09:02 pm by orthobiz »

orthobiz

« Reply #7 on: 9 Mar 2009, 12:09 am »
This thing is finally generating some interest. I may even have a sale pending!

Paul

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #8 on: 9 Mar 2009, 05:17 am »
Hey, mine originally came with a black Grace 707!

I sold at least 20 LP12s with Grace 707s, some of them black.

dave

orthobiz

« Reply #9 on: 9 Mar 2009, 11:10 pm »
SOLD...going out tomorrow to a lucky AC member.

btw, my Grace is long gone. It had bad wiring. Sold it to a guy who bought one with a bad headshell with good wiring!

Paul