Changing faceplates

danman

Changing faceplates
« on: 21 Jan 2009, 06:21 pm »
I have just received my new 19" silver faceplate with handles from Bryston to replace my black 17" one for the 4B-ST. There were no instructions in the box and after only a very brief look during lunch, I noticed that it is not installed the same way.

Has anyone changed this that could give me their personal view? I have contacted Mike Pickett but was just wondering what some of you could contribute.

Thank you

danman

Re: Changing faceplates
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2009, 06:57 pm »
Just received notice for Mike and I have to remove both channels as per his instructions from the inside. I am a little nervous but can handle it! :o

b5pt9

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2009, 12:30 am »
Go for it! :D  Get some photos and let us know how it goes.  The guy who changed faceplates on my old 4B said getting the clip LED's lined up was the hardest part.

danman

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2009, 01:16 pm »
Did it last night and it was a piece of cake! Mike Pickett gave me instructions and it was not hard at all. Looks great as well.

I had no trouble lining up the LED's. I think it took about 20 minutes and I was expecting maybe a couple of hours! gave me a chance to look at how well it is made even though it is 10 years old! If anybody needs help just let me know but I did not think of taking pictures however. :duh: