Bryston Music Server

Phil A

Re: Bryston Music Server
« Reply #40 on: 31 Jan 2009, 12:25 am »
I have owned the (highly debated if they work actually..) Noise Harvester, and frankly, the only time that the little light would shut up was when I didnt use any dimmers in the house....I heard no differense with the Harvester, not even with tube driven electrostatic headphones.

Hi Niel

What's a Noise Harvester?

james

James, I auditioned a Torus unit at the local dealer at the same time I auditioned the BCD-1.  Karl Schuster of Empirical Design met me at the shop.  I decided to get the BCD-1.  Karl generally dislikes power conditioners used on power amps.  He unplugged the Ayre Monoblocks the dealer had for the demo and we were both amazed at the difference from just the amps being out of the chain (made everything sound more relaxed almost like going from a CD to an SACD).  I have conditioners and wasn't ready to make a decision.  It was about a year and half ago.  I went away for a weeks vacation and ordered a couple of imported SACDs and a couple of the Noise Harvesters.  Another friend was picking up my mail and I told him to open everything when it came and try them.  He plugged them in.  He has Thiel 2.4s, a Bryston SP 1.7, a Bryston 9BSST and a Sony XA-9000ES as a source.  I came home and he removed them for the 1st time.  We both noticed a similar effect as taking the amps out of the Torus although to a lesser degree.  Much depends on where you place them.  I have a few of them.  I'd still like the Torus at some point.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Music Server
« Reply #41 on: 31 Jan 2009, 03:10 pm »
I have owned the (highly debated if they work actually..) Noise Harvester, and frankly, the only time that the little light would shut up was when I didnt use any dimmers in the house....I heard no differense with the Harvester, not even with tube driven electrostatic headphones.

Hi Niel

What's a Noise Harvester?

james

James, I auditioned a Torus unit at the local dealer at the same time I auditioned the BCD-1.  Karl Schuster of Empirical Design met me at the shop.  I decided to get the BCD-1.  Karl generally dislikes power conditioners used on power amps.  He unplugged the Ayre Monoblocks the dealer had for the demo and we were both amazed at the difference from just the amps being out of the chain (made everything sound more relaxed almost like going from a CD to an SACD).  I have conditioners and wasn't ready to make a decision.  It was about a year and half ago.  I went away for a weeks vacation and ordered a couple of imported SACDs and a couple of the Noise Harvesters.  Another friend was picking up my mail and I told him to open everything when it came and try them.  He plugged them in.  He has Thiel 2.4s, a Bryston SP 1.7, a Bryston 9BSST and a Sony XA-9000ES as a source.  I came home and he removed them for the 1st time.  We both noticed a similar effect as taking the amps out of the Torus although to a lesser degree.  Much depends on where you place them.  I have a few of them.  I'd still like the Torus at some point.

Hi Phil,

Yes the more I investigate the deteriorating condition of our power sources the more concern I have - especially with digital equipment.

james