Complete room-corrected DAC solution including active crossover(s)

taloyd

Hello,

I recently upgraded to a DEQX unit, as someone made an offer I couldn't refuse, and so that's the reason for the sale.

Below are the components for my previous psuedo-DEQX setup:

Behringer DEQ2496 analog/digital in/out (was used in digital in/digital out) room correction processor
including the the ECM8000 measurement microphone
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/DEQ2496.aspx
into
Lavry DA10 - impeccable DAC/preamp
http://www.lavryengineering.com/productspage_da_10.html
into
either a Rane AC23B 3-way active crossover, with time delay
http://www.rane.com/ac23b.html
or
a Rane AC22B 2-way active crossover (same as above, but 2-way)

I purchased the units over time, always looking for the best possible sound quality and utility, and hopefully bang for the buck. I am the original owner of only the Rane AC23B, but all the equipment is in great condition. I would rate the Lavry at 9/10, and the rest at 8/10. They have all been carefully handled in my smoke-free home, all save for the Lavry rack-mounted since they got here. The Lavry sat proudly on top.

This system has provided incredible sound, with quite a bit of adjustability to accommodate the various speaker setups I've used. The DEQ2496 saved me from frustration, as I have my setup in my bedroom, as I live with several roommates, and wouldn't get a chance for quiet listening otherwise. It completely ameliorated the poor speaker placement - again a function of having a serious system in a bedroom, instead of a living room where it could breathe properly away from the walls.

The Lavry provided the best DAC I've heard, and using it as a pre-amp allowed for a completely black background.

The Rane crossovers are a joy to use, with ALPS potentiometers, and time alignment on all but the tweeter channels. I originally had the 3-way, but acquired a 2-way as I began experimenting with full-range drivers, and needed a crossover point lower than 190 Hz. which is the lowest available on the 3-way AC23B.

Anyway, onto the pricing:

The Behringer DEQ2496 is $250, including both the microphone and shipping in the continental USA.

The Lavry is $750 including shipping. It has the original box, manual, and unfilled warranty card.

The crossovers are $200 shipped for the 3-way, and $175 shipped for the 2-way. Together they're $350 shipped. I paid over $400 for the AC23B from Sweetwater when I bought it.

If you want the entire package (and that would make me, as well as you, very happy!) - I can combine it all for $1200 shipped. If you want just the Lavry DAC and the Behringer, I can knock $50 off and ship them both for $950. The two of them make for a killer combination, if you already have really nice passive speakers.

While we're on topic, I also have a Carver ZR-1000 amplifier. It's a Tripath implementation, but in a pro-sound amplifier. Lots of power (225/300 watts RMS 8/4 ohms), AMAZING sound, and a great price. $350 shipped! Replaced with Hypex UCD amplifiers...

Thanks!
-Tal

EDIT: (2009/02/16)
DEQ2496 and Lavry DA10 sold; only the two crossovers and the Carver ZR1000 amplifier remain!
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2009, 04:21 pm by taloyd »

ebenai

Hi:  Do you still have the RANE 2-way crossover?

taloyd

Yes! Still have both the AC22B and the AC23B two and three way crossovers.

Feel free to email me at taloyd AT gmail DOT com

Thanks!
-Tal

taloyd

what's left...
« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2009, 09:36 pm »
Only the Rane AC23B active 3-way balanced crossover remains!

cheers,
-tal