Thoughts on David Gilmour's Remember That Night - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Has anybody watched/listened to this on Blu-ray?

Is it worth $25?

I am more interested in how it sounds, if that matters.   aa

George

SFDude

I have this on standard DVD and the concert itself was great! Gilmour played with a lot of passion and the show was fantastic, with a lot of guest appearances from famous friends. If the Blue Ray adds more resolution and definition on the video side of things, it's worth it! The audio is great but the performance is what I enjoyed the most out of this concert.

pjchappy

I don't have experience with the Blu-Ray, but pretty much anything PF / Gilmour / Waters has put out has had fabulous sound quality.

By the way, his "Live in Gdansk" set that came out more recently is VERY cool.  I have the 5-disc special edition exclusively sold at Best Buy.  :thumb:

zybar

• Volunteer
Thanks guys, looks like I'll get it.

BTW, I am listening to Live In Gdansk right now and it is stunning!

George

pjchappy

Do you by chance have his 2001 or 2002 Live at Royal Albert Hall?  It's called "David Gilmour In Concert."  It's kinda PF / DG un-plugged(ish).   I'm going to have to watch it now, as it's been over a year.  It's simply amazing. 

I REALLY wish that DVD also had a CD version.  I really want to just be able to listen to it anywhere.

George, not sure which Gdansk version you have, but there are 3 (I believe) versions. . .2 of them with DVDs.  Full concert video, extras, etc. 

I saw Gilmour on this tour in Chicago in '06.  Had far back seats, but it was still awesome. 

rydenfan

George, shoot me your address and you can borrow my copy if you want?? I very much enjoy it, but I am a HUGE Floyd fan.

Live in Gdansk is awesome

Philistine

I was at the Pulse concerts in London - big mistake, every concert since has been an anti-climax.
In The Flesh Live is still my favorite all time concert DVD.

I'm waiting for the Gilmour Blu-Ray from Blockbuter Online, if it's good I'll lay down the $ for it.

pjchappy

I was at the Pulse concerts in London

I hate you!!!!!!!   :evil:  Just kidding, of course.

I had a chance to see that tour in Kansas City in 1994.  I was 16 and thought PF was lame.  My youngest sister, who was 22 at the time, got 2-tickets (GREAT seats) from my old boss I printed t-shirts for for 10 or so years (through high school, summer breaksl, etc.).  My old boss was an old college roommate of the ticket guy for the KC Chiefs. . .the concert was at Arrowhead.

Anyways, I could have went with her.  Instead, 2 of my sisters went.  The youngest one, who was. . .and still is. . a huge PF fan, still rubs that in.  I even went with her, her husband, and 2 of my friends to see Gilmour in Chicago  in '06.  Her comment after the show. . . "it was great, but it was no Pink Floyd."   :evil:  DAMNIT!!!!   :P   ( and I no Waters vs. Gilmour Floyd comments!)

Anyways, now I'm 30. . .wish I listened to PF much earlier. . .even more so wish I got into guitar / music / song writing MUCH, MUCH earlier.   :duh: 

Blah. 

p

zybar

• Volunteer
George, shoot me your address and you can borrow my copy if you want?? I very much enjoy it, but I am a HUGE Floyd fan.

Live in Gdansk is awesome

Thank you very much for the offer David.  Based on everybody's comments, I will pick up the Blu-ray.  However, I might have a little something for you!!

I'll send you a PM shortly.

George

s_cervin

I really enjoyed this concert disc.  Now if they would only release Pulse and the latest from the "On an Island" tour on BR.

bunnyma357

I really liked this - rented it and liked it enough to buy it after that. Concert is good and the second disc is good as well. Some older Syd Barrett Pink Floyd and solo stuff is performed and it was great to see, it's also nice to see Richard Wright, now that he's no longer here either.

Feels a little more like a band instead of a super huge giant show.

Jim C

arthurs

Do you by chance have his 2001 or 2002 Live at Royal Albert Hall?  It's called "David Gilmour In Concert."  It's kinda PF / DG un-plugged(ish).   I'm going to have to watch it now, as it's been over a year.  It's simply amazing. 

I REALLY wish that DVD also had a CD version.  I really want to just be able to listen to it anywhere.

George, not sure which Gdansk version you have, but there are 3 (I believe) versions. . .2 of them with DVDs.  Full concert video, extras, etc. 

I saw Gilmour on this tour in Chicago in '06.  Had far back seats, but it was still awesome. 

The version of "Coming Back to Life" with the ensemble vocals is awesome on the DG In Concert" disc...

I saw the 06' tour as well, at The Kodak Theater in LA, Crosby and Nash sang backup vocals all night, incredible show...