Wife makes a discovery

fcraven

• Don't mess with this baritone
Wife makes a discovery
« on: 12 Jan 2009, 11:38 pm »
My wife just realized that she could listen to "her" music from her computer, on "my" (our) home theater system. This was the first time that she my statement that the main right and left speakers are for "music". She thought it could only be used for movies.

She is now a very happy camper.  :D

I now have to listen to too much Country music.  :?

AudioSoul

Re: Wife makes a discovery
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2009, 11:44 pm »

Ya, you have to be carefull with that. You have to keep them bumbed down as far as equipment is concerned. Some guys complain that their wives aren't into their audio/video equipment. Not me, I would rather my wife stay away. It alleviates problems that way 8)

mcgsxr

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2009, 12:13 am »
Sounds like the perfect opportunity to setup a 2nd system in another room to me!

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2009, 12:20 am »
I used to have a huge system in the '70's controlled by one switch.  Every time I'd go out of town she'd throw the switch and blow every fuse in the room. 

I'd come home, replace all the fuses and have her show me what she did.  If I was home the fuses would hold fine, if I was gone they'd all blow.  She finally threw her hands up and never touched it again.  If I knew how that happened and could package it to other audiofools, I could make a fortune!
 :icon_twisted:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2009, 12:39 am »
I used to have a huge system in the '70's controlled by one switch.  Every time I'd go out of town she'd throw the switch and blow every fuse in the room. 

I'd come home, replace all the fuses and have her show me what she did.  If I was home the fuses would hold fine, if I was gone they'd all blow.  She finally threw her hands up and never touched it again.  If I knew how that happened and could package it to other audiofools, I could make a fortune!
 :icon_twisted:

That's quite the little peach you've got there. :lol: I'm glad for your sake that she finally gave up on your system and didn't go after you instead. :duh:  :D

Cheers,
Robin

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2009, 01:09 am »
Well, that came later.  She is my EX-wife now.   :lol:

My new wife can't figure out why my Maggies can't do just fine pushed back against the wall and she thinks I should give all my LPs to Goodwill, but finally she says I will get to make all the choices in my soon-to-be renovated man cave.  It's killing her to let me do that but I won't  let her go back on that promise.   :wink:

PMAT

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2009, 01:24 am »
keeping the wife in the dark is part of the "magic".  aa

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2009, 01:37 am »
Well, that came later.  She is my EX-wife now.   :lol:

My new wife can't figure out why my Maggies can't do just fine pushed back against the wall and she thinks I should give all my LPs to Goodwill, but finally she says I will get to make all the choices in my soon-to-be renovated man cave.  It's killing her to let me do that but I won't  let her go back on that promise.   :wink:

I'm sorry to hear about your 1st wife but at least you're alive to talk about it. :lol: And I'm really glad to hear you've got a more reasonable wife now. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2009, 02:54 am »
That's OK.  Oddly enough the ex and I get along fine, but 'reasonable' is not a term often used around my new princess.  I like to think of it as a 'truce'.
 :lol:

fcraven

• Don't mess with this baritone
My wife continues to enjoy country music while I am work. She's really happy, albeit a little concerned that she might be turning the speakers up too loud.

My 16 year old daughter (turs 16 in Feb) says to me, "Daddy, I really like your speakers"

Apparently she too just learned that they can be used for music as well...