Rear speakers sounds like there is a timebomb counting, what can it be?

Hoiman

I bought myself a popcornhour and had to move the SP2 for 20 centimeters, to put the new optical sound cable for my popcornhour.
I had to unplug a lot of other cables and also the cables for the end-amplifier (for the rear speakers and frontspeakers).
If I have no sound coming out of my popcornhour or satelite receiver the rearspeakers sounds like there is a clock ticking.

I changed the cables but it is still here. What can it be? It is only the rearspeakers. The rear speakers are on the same amplifier as the centerspeaker. But the centerspeaker doesn't have that sound. Even on mute this sound is there.
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2009, 02:22 pm by Hoiman »

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Do you have a battery charger of any kind on  the same circuit?  If I am charging my power tools on the same circuit as my portable radio I get a pulsing sound.

Hoiman

Do you have a battery charger of any kind on  the same circuit?

No. The SP2 is in a filtered circuit. Its power is coming from a PureAV™ Homecinema Power Console PF50.

Hoiman

Some one?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
I bought myself a popcornhour and had to move the SP2 for 20 centimeters, to put the new optical sound cable for my popcornhour.
I had to unplug a lot of other cables and also the cables for the end-amplifier (for the rear speakers and for speakers).
If I have no sound coming out of my popcornhour or satelite receiver the rearspeakers sounds like there is a clock ticking.

I changed the cables but it is still here. What can it be? It is only the rearspeakers. The rear speakers are on the same amplifier as the centerspeaker. But the centerspeaker doesn't have that sound. Even on mute this sound is there.

Hi Hoiman,

Is it the BACK speakers or the REAR speakers where you have the 'ticking'.  How long have you had the SP2 and this only happened after changing some cables out and adding the 'popcornhour'- whatever that is (Canadian Aye)??

I have to think something changed to cause the ticking? I assume the cable box is the change - what happens if you remove it from the system?

james

Hoiman

the 'popcornhour'- whatever that is (Canadian Aye)??

The popcornhour is a network mediatank see: http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/

Is it the BACK speakers or the REAR speakers where you have the 'ticking'.
It are the BACK speakers so maybe these must be the REAR? hmmm I'm going to try that tonight.

I have to think something changed to cause the ticking?

Maybe BACK must be REAR.

I assume the cable box is the change - what happens if you remove it from the system?

What do you mean by cable box? The back of the SP2?

Thanks for your reply.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Hi Hoiman,

I assume the 'popcornhour' was another name for cable box - sorry.
But if all these issues are a result of adding a new component I think we should look at the component as being the culprit?

james

Hoiman

Problem solved.
Thanxs everybody.