No balanced interconnects??

Tonto Yoder

« on: 30 Nov 2003, 01:44 pm »
Bill,
I was looking for balanced IC's over the long weekend and visited your site.  Am I correct that your particular cable companies don't offer balanced/XLR versions????

I ended up buying some Kimber locally----they offered me a considerable discount on their last balanced IC, seemingly glad to get rid of some wire they'd had sitting around for years.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2003, 07:45 pm »
Actually, Soundstring does offer balanced but have not yet put together their pricing schedule for these.
  I rarely get request for balanced cables and when I do, it's usually for local bands for their mics or stage equipment where I custom build them with Apature Studio or Black Beauty cable.

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2003, 08:17 pm »
I'll see how the Kimber works out and maybe do something different between preamp and amp.  The Soundstring looks interesting--

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue8/soundstrings.htm

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2003, 08:30 pm »
Yes, the Soundstring cables seem to be exceptional cables as I have spent some time with thier single ended designs and a little time with thier speaker cables. I have not used (nor do I have an application for)  the balanced design.
  I should have a new pricing schedule for Soundstring by this week. Until then, I am going by the review prices as instructed by Soundstring.