"Righteous Kill"

Bigfish

"Righteous Kill"
« on: 10 Jan 2009, 08:39 pm »
"Righteous Kill" stars Pacino and Deniro.  I watched this movie this afternoon and I can say is wow!  Rent this movie and I don't think you will be disappointed.  I give this one a minimum of 3.75 out of 5 stars!

Ken

ajzepp

Re: "Righteous Kill"
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2009, 09:13 pm »
The critics hacked on this film, but it was hard for me to imagine that Pacino and DeNiro could find a way to NOT entertain...I can't wait to see it!

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2009, 10:24 pm »
I gotta say that I have to agree with the critics. I didn't think much of this one.  I expected more with a cast like this.  These two were a bit old to quite live up to the "bad ass" characters they were supposed to be and the plot was just...  underwhelming.  It wasn't horrible. Just disappointing.

Heat succeeded much better in this regard.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2009, 10:55 pm »
As I stated earlier another thread about the theater debut of this movie, I really liked it and I loved Al Pacino. He really strutted his stuff in a direct comparison with Robert Deniro throughout this movie and I personally like Deniro better because of his wider acting range. Pacino's character alone makes this movie entertaining enough so I fully agree with Bigfish. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Cacophonix

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 2009, 12:04 am »
I watched this at a dollar theater .. and thought it was not even worth that much. Bad movie overall.

jazzcourier

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jan 2009, 02:14 am »
C'mon folks.....This movie is more than just bad.This movie is a dagger in the heart of every film fan who respected these two.Pacino looks like a walking corpse and poor Bobby is just trying to get through this without sustaining any bodily harm.The only suspense in this film is if Denehy is actually going to make it up the stairs in one scene without passing out,They probley had his walker waiting for him.These guys are laughing all the way to the bank on our backs.Quite seriously,both these actors have alot left in the tank and should be getting better scripts,too bad they can't get out of the way fast enough to avoid getting  run over by the "Hollywood machine".I think Clint Eastwood has proven this year that an actor of "seasoned" age can command the screen with dignity and integrity.I think if you compare both DeNiro and Pacino's filmography to Eastwood's you will see that these are both hugely talented artists with great depth,range and vision and Clint has played one character all his life,albeit a memorable one.Will the careers of these two respected actors survive this,and other recent indignities? I can bet that we will all be watching.Until then "Raging Bull" and "Dog day afternoon" will always be there to remind us of their magic.

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jan 2009, 02:36 am »
I made the mistake of seeing this in the theater when it came out. I did tell you all it was not very good.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=59570.0

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jan 2009, 03:39 am »
Hey Bigfish,,,, looks like you & I are flying solo on this flick. :beer:

Cheers,
Robin

Bigfish

« Reply #8 on: 11 Jan 2009, 01:59 pm »
Hey Bigfish,,,, looks like you & I are flying solo on this flick. :beer:

Cheers,
Robin

Robin:

All I can say is I hope people will see it and decide for themselves.  I have seen a lot of bad movies and therefore I know what a bad movie is and this is not a bad movie!

Ken

ajzepp

« Reply #9 on: 17 Jan 2009, 09:13 pm »
Okay, just finished watching it...I hate to be a wimp, but I'm gonna have to stay on the fence with this one. I didn't think it was good, and I didn't think it sucked. It was just kinda "there". I will say that it didn't really capture my attention with any conviction, and it was nearly entirely forgettable. I did laugh at the scene where Donnie Wahlberg and John Leguizamo were trying to set-up DeNiro, and Pacino was sitting behind them offering commentary..."yep, they're right here watchin' him like hawks....like gay hawks!"  I don't know why that cracked me up, but it did.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm gonna have to give it a thumbs down....lol