Catch me up.......when did Panasonic stop making Class D receivers?

albee

I started looking on eBay and all the big discounters and only found one Panny offered.  Are they revamping their line or has something "happened"?   :scratch:

Biscuit

Which one are you looking for?

albee

Nothing in particular, I was price checking.  I thought Panny would always have their Class D receivers.  Apparently not. 

I also noticed the JVC's are scarce also.

nicksgem10s

I am pretty sure this is their newest model that replaced the excellent XR-57.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Audio/Home-Theater/model.SA-BX500_11002_7000000000000005702

Still class D as far as I know and probably a very nice piece of equipment.  The XR-57 was an excellent piece and could be taken to another level of performance with modifications.

The XR-55 & XR-57 are normally on ePay pretty frequently.  Make sure it is in its original packaging as I had a like new XR-57 shipped to me and it was not in original packaging and it was crushed by the time it got to me.

John151

I am very pleased with the sound from my XR-57.   :thumb:

mcgsxr

I am still using my Panny SAXR-10.  I auditioned an SAXR-57 and found the bass management useful, and the extra power nice, but for my application it did not displace the 10.

albee

Okay, I see there is one current Class D Panny on their website?  What happened to the various Class D's?

low.pfile

I was planning on recommending a XR57 to a friend who needs a very compact, inexpensive ( <$300 ) receiver for 2 channel music only. Size is the main criteria for her. Also didn't see any replacement receivers to the 55/57. I am out of the loop as well. The current panny AVR BX-500 is 6-1/4" tall which is too tall for her.  the XR57 is only 4-1/4" tall and runs cool. hmm.

ed