My new ACI system!

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
My new ACI system!
« on: 7 Jan 2009, 10:22 pm »
My new (well 8 months old) and it sounds great! I have a pair of ACI B-Flats in my old KLH boxes in the rear and some Alpines in the front with a new Pioneer deck I think it has 50 watts per channel and my I-Pod with all my music in my 1994 Chrysler Town and Country. What a wonderful thing it is. It sounds great and easily removable and portable 9 open the back van door, turn the speakers around and party on Garth!. Who would have ever thought we would be able to take 7000+ songs with us in our car and play them in random!

I tried to post pictures but I cant figure out how to do that. HELP!
I have them posted on Image Shack. How do I get them from there to here?

low.pfile

Re: My new ACI system!
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2009, 12:46 am »
contrats on the new system

HOW TO post picture info here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=40968.0

budyog

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2009, 02:43 am »
Pictures of this fine car/van audio system. Notice the fine cabinetry work and color. Mike D. should be proud! The color flat black was chosen to be harder to notice from the outside through my tinted windows. Have I talked about the imaging yet? Wow, do they image nicely! Slightly toed in and upward for the best interior instrument placement and dynamic range!  :wink:
 Anyway, they really sound good in my car and are very efficient and blend very well with my Alpines in the front and all I have to do is just unplug them and remove. I put 1/4 inch jack in the rear door and also made the front panel of the cabinets larger on one side to be able to tilt slightly upwards towards the driver and passenger’s ears. 

Thanks low.pfile

stereocilia

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan 2009, 04:03 am »
Nice.  We may have a lot in common.

I'm a big fan of iPods in the car.  A few years ago, I was advised that the Alpine head units have the best iPod interface so I went with that -- along with front speakers and a 12" sealed sub.  I think the Alpine interface is actually a little cumbersome; maybe the Pioneer is better now.  My amp is a Pioneer 4 channel ice amp, two channels are bridged to the dual-voice-coil sub.  It doesn't replace the home system by any means, but it makes commuting better.

I just hooked up my new ACI Titan tonight!  I'm running the Sapphire XLs full-range with an AVA Fet Valve Ultra 550, and I have the crossover set low.  It sounds fantastic so far.

:beer:

budyog

« Reply #4 on: 8 Jan 2009, 03:29 pm »
Nice.  We may have a lot in common.

We do have a lot in common! Music, I-Pod, ACI and AVA!

My Pioneer interfaces just great with my I-Pod. I cut a nice little slit in a plastic panel below/right of my steering wheel and I have the wire coming from the Pioneer to a piece of Velcro and I just slip/hook the I-pod with its leather case clip and plug the wire in and I am ready to rock!
I use to have the B-Flats in my outdoor porch but I want a bigger speaker. I had DLK-3s in my van which were to heavy (sounded great, 3 way with a 12" woofer) but just to heavy to take in and out so I switch them. Put the DLK-3s in my porch and the B-Flats in the old KLH cabinets and put them in my car. Works and sounds great!
A long way from 8 track tapes!

Happy listening with your new Titan. You cant go wrong with ACI!

stereocilia

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jan 2009, 01:37 am »

8-track tapes?  I barely remember those things!  I bet there is a hardcore group of 8-track enthusiast freaks, somewhere, hidden in the shadows.
 :thumb: