I’mm Baack! My new neighbor has rejuvenated me! ACI and AVA ROCK ON!

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
I am posting this in both ACI and AVA because this is a positive testimonial for each.

I have a new neighbor and we have a lot in common. He likes the same music I do, loves concert videos, like to stand and grove to the music and best of all, he is hard of hearing
(I am sure my time will come) so, I now have someone who likes to listen at concert volumes! We get together on Friday nights, crank up my system, have some drinks and rock on!
I usually take 7 summer months off from my system to be out in my back yard/patio/pool so it is very refreshing to come in and listen. I have to say like I have several times in the past, man, my system sounds so good! I also have a new listening position. That is standing behind my couch near the back wall. I just love it there, it sounds so real live! I have a high back couch which makes a great arm/drink rest and there is something about being like a foot or two above the tweeter. I know we all strive for proper listening position, and this is out of the ordinary, but it just has this huge full concert sound presence that for serious listening, I stand behind my couch about a 1-2 feet away from the back wall! What a thrill!

And to Frank and Mike, it kicks arse!  Frank, I know what you are going to say, but long ago, after blowing the 4 amp and 5 amp fuses, I said the heck with it and put in 30amp. Mainly for the thickness of the metal inside the fuse (I had a hard time whether true or not, with all that sound not being degraded by that little wire in the fuse) but now, no problem and I push this system so hard, but it all holds up! I am not recommending you all do this. If I blow something, I will be contacting Frank or Mike and you guys can say, I told you so!! But I think you both are very cautious in your ratings and that is good for most people, but not me. Mike, I have never blown one of your speakers and I have had many. I am sure I have pushed some of them to their max! I should be your max tester!
I did also change my power cord on my 350 to a 12 gauge, 2 feet long to have 12 gauge from my breaker box, 6 feet away all the way into my amp. I will not get into if I heard a change or not, different thread and it was long ago. All I will say is all the things I have changed and the way I have it now makes it the system it is, GREAT!

I think I can now safely say (Mike, I will delete this if you want me too) but I cant keep it a secret any longer! I think I have the only pair of bi-ampable Panoramas made! I have them bi-wired now. I had hope to have them bi-amped by now but $$! My plan ($$ pending) is someday to get another 350 (make them both Ultras or Double Ultras and a new transport and a Ultra DAC along with, sell my TR-7 and get a Ultra SL. Just a dream right now! 

I don’t have much other then this to say so I stayed away for awhile but I had to say this again and if anyone here ever wants to join me and maybe my new neighbor on a Friday night or another time, let me know. I will put my system up against any system!

That’s it for now, stay tuned for my report on my other new ACI system!
 :D

Mike Dzurko

Budy:

You know how to live :)  There is something special about a real kick-butt system playing a live-concert in the living room, man cave, whatever. Having that audio quality and quantity and being able to pick your own play list is pretty cool.  You're enjoying music, friendship, probably some cold brews, and you don't have to drive, fight the crowds, listen to poor stage systems. Still of course, a concert can be pretty special. But I'll tell you, one of my goals has always been to have a system that allows me to enjoy the music like I would at a concert, but with the comforts and convenience of home. Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm . . . . the world needs more!

budyog

Hey Mike. Aren't you going to tell me how much damage I am doing to my ears like on the AVA thread?

It is so nice to have the concert at home and you have helped make that happen!
I want a double size Panorama. 2 woofers, 2 mid ranges and one or 2 tweeters. Like take one Panorama and stand it upside down on the other Panorama! Make it Bi-ampable/Bi-wireable! Bring back the big speakers!

You should hear "The Dark Night" on my system! Whoa! Breathtaking!

No comment on my ACI car system and fine cabinetry work?  :icon_lol:

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
Budyog
You need these glasses the next time you get together with your neighbor...

Eric

Life is indeed good

Wayner

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, beer.  :drool:

budyog

Budyog
You need these glasses the next time you get together with your neighbor...

Zoom in on my picture, in is not to small. I think it is like 36 oz or more! Cheers! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: