WTB KECES, ZOULOU or SIMILAR DAC

Fenomeno

WTB KECES, ZOULOU or SIMILAR DAC
« on: 7 Jan 2009, 07:21 pm »
Hey Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted and I hope everyone has been well.  Here's the deal...I am looking to connect this DAC to my AppleTV via optical input/output since that's the only one I've got to work with on the ATV.  Besides, I have less of a problem with an optical connection when reading my digital from a cached HD rather than a spinning cd platter.  But hey, that's just me and my unscientific bias...

I am looking to experiment here and the unit does not have to be pristine, nor does the price  :wink:

No NOS DACs please, I have tried that route.  Would like a DAC that can handle 24/96 (min) signals.

Stay well, times are tough and seem to be getting tougher...

Fenomeno

BobM

Re: WTB KECES, ZOULOU or SIMILAR DAC
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2009, 07:51 pm »
You may also want to check over at www.Head-Fi.com

There's quite a few users of Chinese DAC's over there and they come up for sale frequently, and cheaply, on their trading forum.

Bob

pardales

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan 2009, 07:54 pm »
I recently saw a few of the KECES DAC's for sale on Audiogon.

Fenomeno

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan 2009, 08:29 pm »
Thanks for the heads up.  I have been an Audiogon member for almost 10 years and saw those for sale.  Both were sold before I had a chance to respond.  I have been considering a trade type arrangement with a 60g iPod video I have laying around in perfect working condition, not a very Audiogon-like transaction (maybe ACish) and definitely more Craigslist-ish.  I just thought the wife would want the iPod before I offered it in trade... :nono: