VR 11 SE in front, VR 5 SE in rear and Visiun Signature in the middle.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
VR 11 SE in front, VR 5 SE in rear and Visiun Sig. in the middle.

Result: incredible

What will happen when someone decided to setup the VR 11 SE in a Home Theatre configuration together with the VR 5 SE as rear speaker and the Visiun Signature as a center speaker? Well, I can tell you because I was there.

As a sound & recording engineer for many years now working with Albert’s Virtual Reality speakers I thought I had seen and heard almost everything. But the setup and installation of this extraordinary system was a privilege and a very nice happening I will never forget. When I came into the room it looked already very nice to see how the VR 11 SE “fits normal” in this room. Large, width and high. The room seems to be designed and build for this system and the system was certainly built for this room. First of all I had to listen to the system and indentify the phase problems. After switching several power plugs, there was already a nice balance and the system was more ‘quite’ then before.
I brought my analog Stella-Vox calibration-equipment to measure the frequencies to be flat.
The VR 11 SE has several adjustment points to make a very fine flat curve. Now the system starts to make music. After a few hours the system was ready to calibrate and communicate with the other speakers. The Denon 11 channel pre-amp ‘calculated’ the roots to all the speakers and we could start with a movie. We used the Walt Disney animation  film ‘Cars’. Although this is a ‘cartoon’ the film came alive due to the extreme realistic sound, with compliments to the sound engineers who edited this soundtrack. The movie became breath taken and sometimes scary because of the natural reactions you can recognize from the reality.

After the adjustment of the Denon-Audessey program there was time to play some Blu-Ray music discs. The new Montreux series and specially the new remaster of Queen came to live again. I was there in the ‘70s and easily all my memories came back again. How fantastic can this VR 11 SE system let you ‘travel back in history’ believing you are there as one in the audience. Lot of Goosebumps. After a few glasses of wine and more Blu-Ray discs there was time to rest and give the system also time to break in with the new parameters during the night.  Next day the system was still more ‘quite‘ and now it was time to setup the Oracle record player and let the analog music fill the room. Subtle and very musical. Fine dynamics and micro detail are there to let you believe the music is played right in front of you. Never heard a system let this happen before. Next test was to see how a great organ with the 16 and 32 foot registration would act in this situation. The big sound of this organ did the four build in powered subs control the room without disturbing the glasses in the furniture. Even the big Chinese drums fit into this room and came alive like they do in the real world.

It is not only a tale the speakers of Albert von Schweikert should be probably the most musical and realistic speakers. I can tell you, they are.

The one who decides to purchase the VR 11 SE becomes a very happy person.

Have fun and enjoy the music.

Cor Dekker, Installation Manager for all VR 11 SE , VR 9 SE in Europe delivered.
Musical Reality:  VSA distributor for Holland, Belgium and Luxemburg
www.musicalreality.nl
info@musicalreality.nl

« Last Edit: 6 Jan 2009, 07:15 pm by ceedee »

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
I can only imagine what those 11SEs must sound like and they are stunning  :cry:

arthurs

:o :o :o Holy crap Batman....nice setup

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
He needs to upgrade those rears to VR9's  :lol:

kgturner

:rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:

McTwins

mfsoa

Do you set the VR5 SEs to "small"  :o

My mind wobbles at the thought.

-Mike

rydenfan

Sweeeet  :drool:

DRjam

Thanks for the write-up and pics. :drool:  I'm not planning on retiring yet for another 20 years... maybe I can buy it now and still recover....hmmm.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Dear DRjam,

Purchasing a set of VSA is the best investment one can make.
Not only financially but physically for sure.
How can you live a day without music?
With the VSA's there is always music and the joy of it.
At least for 20 years they cost less and last longer and you will live happy.

Cor