Reduced - Very Moded Cambridge Azur 740 cd player - $1200 includes shipping

sdipiet

Selling a black Azur 740 cd player that I had modified by Doug Jesse about 8 months ago. This player really
sounds great! Has some scratches on the top cover. Comes with a remote but don't have the manual (can get it online at the Cambridge website). Here's what was done (I paid $1395 for the mods alone):
Power supply mods - Replace all stock capacitors with ultra low impedance
rubycon types and replace stock diode bridges with RAM handmade ultra low
impedance versions.

Audiocom Super clock 4 - replaced stock clock. This clock is under 2 picoseconds jitter.

Analog Output Stage Rebuild w/Audio transformers & Part Replacements.
This is the most critical of all the modifications that are performed in this machine. The stock output stage is chalk full of signal resistors, transistors, etc.. we completely remove this output stage and rebuild it with a  optimal sounding output stage consisting of Signal coupling transformers. We also replace the critical I/V opamps with the best sounding versions on the market.  The very high quality transformers used provide galvanic isolation in the signal path (which blocks HF noise being generated by other component down the signal chain) and gives a means of  providing a ultra simple, no-capacitor-in-the-signal-path type output that is sure to stun and please you to say the least. In this mod as well, we replace an abundance of voltage rail capacitors for the DAC chip area to the ultra fast Rubycon capacitors, and all wiring is Silver Wire.  Now Music is so much quieter, cleaner, clearer, more vivid,more resolute with no lack of dynamics! Much more music, emotion, and drive over stock. Can check my feedback on audiogon. member name is sdipiet.
« Last Edit: 4 Jan 2009, 02:42 am by sdipiet »