"The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian"

Bigfish

"The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian"
« on: 2 Jan 2009, 05:52 pm »
I rented "The Chronicles of Narnia:  Prince Caspian" yesterday because my wife and I enjoyed the first Narnia.  The battle scenes were quite good but the story was weak and boring.  My wife went upstairs to watch TV mid-way through the movie as she was very disappointed in the movie.  I guess I would give it 2.0 out of 5 stars.

Ken

Airborn

Re: "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian"
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2009, 09:33 pm »
I watched this last night as well, on Bluray.  The picture and sound quality was very good on Bluray, but I agree the story was lacking.  The children enjoyed it, but my wife and I were bored.  The first film was much better, IMO.  Up for watching tonight I've got Traitor, starring Don Cheadle, a great underrated actor.  :thumb: Hopefully that will be much better for adults, but unfortunately I lose a lot of impact from the Bluray audio because I have to wait until the kids go to bed to watch films with mature content. :bawl:  Oh, if only I could afford a soundproof dedicated listening room/HT man cave.... :violin:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian"
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2009, 09:49 pm »
Well I can't say I was disappoint or not entertained but I would agree that it was your atypical sequel that doesn't live up to the expectations created from the first,, that happens all to often unfortunately. (an exception that comes to mind tho would be both Transporter 2 & 3 movies) Overall this movie did entertain the child in me but because of a weak drawout plot, I'd give this a 2.8 out of 5 stars. 1 viewing will do. :)

Cheers,
Robin