OB-5C (center) Questions

mnapuran

OB-5C (center) Questions
« on: 1 Jan 2009, 05:47 am »
I know in a thread over a year ago Danny said...

For one, you can take the standard OB-5 and lay it on its side. Rotate the tweeter 90 degrees. Then split the low frequency woofers putting one on each end. Since they are only covering from 200Hz and down this will not effect the speakers response. Mounting it on a stand right below a projector screen would be great too.

You could also use a pair of M-130/16 woofers in a sealed box with the Neo 3 pdr. I have already designed a network for this speaker. It's just the center section of the OB-5 but in a sealed box instead of an open baffle.

You could also use the new O-3 design as a center and adjust the height accordingly. That one will also match really well.

I like the idea of the M-130/16 w/ the Neo 3... did you ever finish plans, crossovers, etc for this?

Oh.. and Happy New Year!

ebag4

Re: OB-5C (center) Questions
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jan 2009, 03:10 pm »
I spotted this in the gallery pics the other day, this would make a very nice center.  I believe this was a prototype Daygloworange (Denny) was building.  I don't know if it uses a standard OB-7 xover or not.

Best,
Ed

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2009, 02:06 am »
I am waiting for Eargasm to get the cabinets finished up on a new pair to use two M-130/16's and the new deep back cup Neo. Then I will promptly have the new kit completed.

Hey Eargasm,

The holidays are over man, get me those cabinets.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jan 2009, 02:15 am »
Hello Ed,
 To answer your question, it [was] the same speaker with the cabinet configured differently. The crossover would still be the same for the original OB-7. I was hoping to see get one of these center channel cabinets.

Obviously Danny's new design will have a new crossover to go with it.

Hmmm..... could really use one of these center channels to go with my OB speakers which I am still enjoying very much :thumb:

mnapuran

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2009, 11:25 pm »
So.... Eargasm?  :icon_lol:

dawaro

« Reply #5 on: 5 Jan 2009, 08:41 pm »
I know in a thread over a year ago Danny said...

For one, you can take the standard OB-5 and lay it on its side. Rotate the tweeter 90 degrees. Then split the low frequency woofers putting one on each end. Since they are only covering from 200Hz and down this will not effect the speakers response. Mounting it on a stand right below a projector screen would be great too.

You could also use a pair of M-130/16 woofers in a sealed box with the Neo 3 pdr. I have already designed a network for this speaker. It's just the center section of the OB-5 but in a sealed box instead of an open baffle.

You could also use the new O-3 design as a center and adjust the height accordingly. That one will also match really well.

I like the idea of the M-130/16 w/ the Neo 3... did you ever finish plans, crossovers, etc for this?

Oh.. and Happy New Year!

I actually have three of the original versions of the A/V-3 Neo that I have to part with due to gathering cash for a home purchase. They are listed in the pawn shop if you are interested.

cujobob

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jan 2009, 10:17 pm »
Any update on this?

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jan 2009, 10:23 pm »
I am still waiting on enclosures from Eargasm. He said they were ready to ship last Monday, but he has been out of town until late last night.

Eric?

Are my cabinets ready to ship?