KaplanCables is Open for Business (sorta)

Occam

KaplanCables is Open for Business (sorta)
« on: 30 Dec 2008, 12:41 am »
The KaplanCable H.E. (High Efficacy) Power Cords  as well as Power Cord/Conditioners are available.

The PowerCord

The Cord/Conditioner

Presently, the cords are only available to members of the NYAudioRave. There is a tour, but the first 2 participants have decided to keep the cords. As soon as pricing, distribution, maketing info is firmed up and available, I will update this thread.
The Cords(6') and Cord/Conditioners(8') are available from TweekGeek.com
http://www.tweekgeek.com/_e/Kaplan_Cables/product/KaplanHECord/Kaplan_Cables_H_E_Power_Cord.htm
The entry for the Power Cord/Conditioner is not on the website yet.
The cords will sell for $479 with a 2 month introductory price of $349ea
The conditioner/cords will sell for $899 with a 2 month introductory price of $599ea, available in both 18amp and 3amp versions.

Sincere apologies for the rather slapdash nature of this post but I'm much better at developing product (IMO), than marketing them. I've two websites, KaplanCable.com and KaplanCables.com registered, but nothing in them..... :roll:

Many thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2008, 04:44 am by Occam »

mgalusha

Re: KaplanCables is Open for Business (sorta)
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2008, 03:15 am »
Congratulations Paul, I hope it's very successful for you.  :thumb:

mike

TomS

« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2008, 03:23 am »
Best of luck with your new venture Paul  :thumb:

markC

« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2008, 03:41 am »
Cost of product is always important.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2008, 04:04 am »
Right on, Paul - as wished previously, good luck to you :thumb:

Try to sell the sizzle as much as the steak and you'll be fine.

John

Marbles

« Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2008, 04:16 am »
Best of luck with the new business Paul.  With as much work and experimentation as you have put into these products I have no doubt they are great.

Occam

« Reply #6 on: 30 Dec 2008, 04:52 am »
Gents,

Many thanks for the good wishes. I've updated the first post with a link to my retailer, TweekGeek.com and actually posted prices (including 2 month introductory pricing).

I'm also quite pleased to point to the 12/29/08 Enjoy the Music News -
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/news/
  Tweek Geek now manufactures a custom version Bybee Supercord ($2,999). This audiophile-quality power cord improves upon the Bybee SE Ultra Power Cord in several ways, with the end result claiming to be "an even more organic, extended, layered, and relaxed presentation that is simply more like real music." Tweek Geek has licensed the use of some very special wire through Kaplan Cables, which employ 10 awg conductors. After careful experimentation, Tweek Geek chose to use a solid, unplated copper plug and IEC from China. Finally, custom made Acme Ebony AC clamps appear on the round plug shells ends as well as a custom shell to house the SE Bybee Purifiers. Each unit is handcrafted and made to order. Enjoy the Music.com has reviewed the Bybee Technologies Quantum Purifier (click here), their Slipstream RCA Magic Bullets and Speaker Charger (click here) and the Bybee Golden Goddess 'Super Effect' Speaker Bullets
My bolding  :roll:

Warmest Regards,
Paul

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #7 on: 30 Dec 2008, 05:09 am »
Sweeeeet Paul, congratulations on your new venture. If what I heard from your power cords and power conditioners is any indication, these power cords will quickly garner some positive reviews. I was highly impressed from what I heard using the Kaplan cord after making comparsions with such cords as the Lessloss. Your power cords are the real deal as is the price. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Occam

« Reply #8 on: 30 Dec 2008, 05:20 am »
Robin,

Thanks for the post. I gotta say that your Kubala Sonsa Emotion power cord was absolutely stunning! That was the first cord I've heard in my system that IMO bettered my own.
Am I supposed to be admitting that?  :duh:
Those are some damn fine powercords (but mine are substantially less expensive).

Regards,
Paul

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #9 on: 30 Dec 2008, 05:31 am »
Robin,

Thanks for the post. I gotta say that your Kubala Sonsa Emotion power cord was absolutely stunning! That was the first cord I've heard in my system that IMO bettered my own.
Am I supposed to be admitting that?  :duh:
Those are some damn fine powercords (but mine are substantially less expensive).

Regards,
Paul

Hea, 3 times substantially less. :lol: Plus if I recall correctly it was like a 50/50 split with the RAVE guys on that comparison, a really close call regardless. Like I said, I walked away impressed with yours and disappointed with Lessloss. I would definitely like to try them in my system but I'm simply not in the market for power cords anymore so it would be a moot point.

Cheers,
Robin

Philistine

« Reply #10 on: 30 Dec 2008, 02:28 pm »
Good luck with the Power Cords and PC/Conditioner Paul.

I don't know if I'm typical or atypical but I do go through the mental gymnastics of questioning the value of a 'passive' component vs an 'active component' - in real English 'should I put the $ into a new amp or a new cable'.  My reaction to your intro and regular pricing is that you've got the pricing in my sweet spot  - they're on my shopping list :thumb:

A question - is there a 20amp version in the pipeline? 

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #11 on: 30 Dec 2008, 02:51 pm »
Congrats and Good Luck Paul!

Our little audiophile community will greatly benefit from your business venture.

Occam

« Reply #12 on: 30 Dec 2008, 05:00 pm »

Philistine,

Yup. I've already shipped cords with my standard plug, terminated with a Hubbell h320c 20amp IEC. The cordage is rated 30amps. Simply order the cord through Mike at TweekGeek and let him know you need the 20amp IEC, no upcharge and the introductory pricing applies.

Thanks for your interest,
Paul

mgalusha

« Reply #13 on: 30 Dec 2008, 07:16 pm »

Philistine,

Yup. I've already shipped cords with my standard plug, terminated with a Hubbell h320c 20amp IEC. The cordage is rated 30amps. Simply order the cord through Mike at TweekGeek and let him know you need the 20amp IEC, no upcharge and the introductory pricing applies.

Thanks for your interest,
Paul

I'm using two of the 20A samples to feed my BPT balanced power units, I found the sound less strident and more realistic sounding than with the stock BPT cords. I also have one of the 18A filtering cords on my OTL amp. As this amp has all 20 6AS7 heaters in series directly fed by the AC line, any noise on the line is detrimental and Paul's cord reduced the noise level and increased the resolution.

Thanks Paul. :)

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #14 on: 30 Dec 2008, 10:45 pm »
Paul,

Best of luck in your power cord venture.  I'll buy one just to say thanks for all the help you've offered to some of us "lab rats" over the years. 

It was nearly five years ago that, on your recommendation, I took a few Volex power cords to a get-together hosted by Tweek Geek Mike.  It threw him for a loop that a $5 PC was seriously challenging the $500 custom PC he was selling.  Good to hear he's partnering with you to get your products out to the audiophile community.

Russ

Bemopti123

« Reply #15 on: 30 Dec 2008, 11:38 pm »
Paul, what is the length of the cables offered in TweekGeek? 

JohnR

« Reply #16 on: 30 Dec 2008, 11:44 pm »
As this amp has all 20 6AS7 heaters in series directly fed by the AC line...

:o :o Holy cow  :o :o

6AS7 - is that Atmasphere?

Scott F.

« Reply #17 on: 30 Dec 2008, 11:50 pm »
Congrats on taking the big step  :thumb:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #18 on: 31 Dec 2008, 12:08 am »
Okay.  Can I use the filtering cable to feed an outlet box and treat my whole system?

Occam

« Reply #19 on: 31 Dec 2008, 03:41 am »
Guys,

Many thanks for both the wishes and questions. I'll need to discuss what specific options are practical and their incremental pricing with Mike. And hopefully, get your continued feedback. Roughly, I hope to have the following options available on the TweekGeek site -

1. Length

2. Terminations, 15amp plugs and IECs in both Copper and Rhodium /  Hubbell 20 amp h320c IEC

3. Optional Power Conditioning chassis, high or low current

Anything I'm willing to make, ideally will be ordered through Mike at TweekGeek, and if need be, directly shipped from Brooklyn under the strictest JIT (Just in Time) manufacting practices  :?. It will be best for all concerned.  If you call me, I'll talk you for hours, because its far more enjoyable than actually building product, let alone developing new products which I also really enjoy.

Big Red Machine - You could certainly feed something like the BPT- PPC -Pure Power Center frpm the high current conditioner/cord.

Happy impending New Year!
-Paul
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2008, 04:30 pm by Occam »