any Zune marketplace users here? Impressions....

TONEPUB

any Zune marketplace users here? Impressions....
« on: 29 Dec 2008, 05:09 am »
Though I'm a dyed in the wool Apple user, I'm really intrigued by the Zune
marketplace that lets me have access to their whole library for 15 bucks a month.

Seems like a really good way to find new music that I'd ultimately like in physical
format, so if it saves me from buying one stinker a month, it's paid for itself.

Has anyone here tried it?  What do you think?

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
Re: any Zune marketplace users here? Impressions....
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2008, 05:44 am »
Thanks for the info. Jeff. 

I bought my wife one a year ago, we gave it to her brother for several months so I don't even know the features.  She just put the box right in front of me and is now asking for an Ipod (because it has more gadgets) but I told her the Zune is fine for the amount she uses it.  She tried to pawn it off on me but I only use my Rio for trips these days.  Seems I'll have to investigate the Zune features, I like the marketplace membership idea though as I badly need to discover new music.

Is this library the thing where you can only listen to the song 3 times or something?  Still not bad for auditioning purposes though. 

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2008, 06:13 am »
I just took a like at the Zune site, that's a pretty impressive offering.  Listen to millions keep ten songs of your choice.  So basically listen all you want and by one record from us. Are you kidding me, seems to good to pass up.  My only questions are what quality are the files, do you get a choice of bit rates, lossless etc...?  And if you decide to buy additional songs beyond your membership obligation, is it basically .99 cents a song?

Thanks

TONEPUB

« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2008, 07:07 am »
still checking it out myself.  I'm guessing it's probably low quality mp3, but that's fine for just auditioning music...

I'll keep you posted as I find out more.