FS: Rega Planar 2 w/ Mission 774 Tonearm

machinemol

FS: Rega Planar 2 w/ Mission 774 Tonearm
« on: 27 Dec 2008, 03:19 pm »
I am the original owner of this Rega Planar 2 (serial # 129524) purchased in 1978 with the Mission 774 tonearm installed by the seller. It replaced my Thorens TD125 with SME Tonearm and was sonically superior. The table has been in storage for the past 8 years. I now have a P5 with RB700 arm and outboard power supply and have decided to thin out my corral of unused audio gear. I cleaned up the Rega, lubed it and installed a new belt, then installed an Ortofon X5-MC red cartridge. The cartridge was used only to test the table for sound quality (7hrs. max)

Everything works fine on the table. The Mission sorbothane in the counterweight cavity is slightly saggy but doesn't affect performance. I have seen posts that it is replaceable. The tonearm was about $600. back in the day and is still highly regarded.

I live in central New Jersey and would prefer a local buyer so that I could hand-deliver the table. I could deliver from Baltimore to Boston as I head north and south fairly often.

I am asking $675. for the combo but will entertain offers. You can reach me at "hydroscope@hotmail.com" or call my office at 609/530-1189. I have photos but don't know how to attach them to his post. I can send them along to anyone interested.

Thanks,

Dan