WTB: Power Supply for SB3

kck

WTB: Power Supply for SB3
« on: 25 Dec 2008, 03:26 pm »
I've been in search of one of these on and off but haven't yet acquired one. Looking to spend between $100 and $300 tops. Something like the Channel Islands one or similar would be preferred but all comers considered.
Please PM with details including price, shipping and whether you will accept paypal. I am in zip 30004.
Thanks!

Wayne1

Re: WTB: Power Supply for SB3
« Reply #1 on: 25 Dec 2008, 09:27 pm »
The least expensive, linear power supply that will work with an SB3 is the Jerome Industries # RYD313F-001

It has an IEC power inlet, so you can experiment with different AC cables.

You will have to cut off the DIN connector that is on the end of the DC cable. You will have to install (solder) the correct DC connector onto it.

The best thing is it is only $10.00.

It is available from Herbach & Rademan here

I believe they have a $20.00 or similar minimum order. Take a look around their site. You should be able to find something else you can't live without.

I do offer mods for this PS and I do sell other more expensive PS for SB3.

Happy Holidays

emac

« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2008, 01:42 am »
Thanks, Wayne.  Quick question for you.  I've looked around a lot to try to find a similarly priced yet good PSU for the Duet but haven't found one.  Would you happen to know of one?  Some DIY is fine by me. 

I'd like to buy one of yours, but it's looking like it's out of my price range for a bit. 

Merry Christmas.

Wayne1

« Reply #3 on: 26 Dec 2008, 03:57 am »
I have no personal experience with any inexpensive DUET PS. The Channel Islands PS is very good, for the money.

I have heard some people like the Acopian PS, but they would require a case and wiring both AC and DC connections.

emac

« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec 2008, 05:09 am »
Thanks, Wayne.  I find it interesting that there are a number of low priced PSU's that people recommend for the SB3, but nothing really for the Duet.  I've been checking periodically since it came out and haven't seen anything.