FOR SALE: Technics SL 1100A turntable.

macrojack

• Restricted
FOR SALE: Technics SL 1100A turntable.
« on: 23 Dec 2008, 05:53 pm »
 This is the semi-pro model right below the SP-10. It comes with tonearm and dustcover and original double boxes and packing materials.. I bought this unit from a guy who was liquidating his uncle's estate. Unc was the original owner and hadn't used the table in more than 10 years. I made sure it worked when I received it a few years ago but it's been boxed ever since.

If you are interested in getting into a fine old direct drive in excellent condition for small money, get in touch. I want to net $450 so it will cost you that much plus shipping and any transaction fees.

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: FOR SALE: Technics SL 1100A turntable.
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jan 2009, 04:12 am »
No response? That surprises me. This is a really good table from the late 70s and vintage turntables are being talked about a lot lately. Is there something about this model that makes it undesirable?

Wayner

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2009, 01:16 pm »
What is the condition of its appearance?

Wayner :D

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jan 2009, 02:54 pm »
Wayner -

I haven't looked at it in a couple of years but I recall that it looked well-tended, carefully used, something like that. I'll unpack it today and send you a picture.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jan 2009, 05:17 pm »
No response? That surprises me. This is a really good table from the late 70s and vintage turntables are being talked about a lot lately. Is there something about this model that makes it undesirable?

I'm not in the market to buy another table....but what's mostly wrong is a lack of pictures. Put the pics in the post...don't just send them to folks.   

The deck seems to be a good one from Matsushita....I wasn't aware of it's existence before this.

Here's some info on it: http://www.vinylengine.com/library/technics/sl-1100.shtml

John

Wayner

« Reply #5 on: 1 Jan 2009, 07:19 pm »
Goody!

I've sold my Rega (hopefully) and have turned one of my AR's into a new table (see my blog in the vinyl section) and have junked out another AR table because of a weak motor.

Wayner  :D

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: 1 Jan 2009, 09:52 pm »
I took a picture but for me posting photos on this site is just too much trouble. The link that John provided looks just exactly like my table except where the photo shows a 45 rpm adaptor, I have an ac socket that accepts a removable strobe light that is included. The dustcover is smoked plexi in excellent condition but showing a few scratches. Nothing very objectionable. The table itself is at least an 8, maybe 9. Even the mat looks like new. The ac cord (dedicated) and the interconnects are original and have some kind of white stuff on them. I think I will be able to remove it but I'm reporting its existence just in case I can't get it off. The table has RCA female connectors so you can use any interconnect you like.
This rig was second tier for Technics right behind the SP-10 about 35 years ago and is in very collectible condition. Both original boxes, original packing material but no manual. If you need one, you can download it from that VinylEngine link John provided. There is a Stanton cartridge in it about which I know nothing. Consider it a bonus.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #7 on: 2 Jan 2009, 12:25 am »
I took a picture but for me posting photos on this site is just too much trouble.

macrojack.....expect poor turnout to your ads if you don't post pics...or at least point folks to pics you load elsewhere (where it is perhaps easier for you to do).

As well, you're asking $450 for a deck that may or may not be working...while $450 is not a kings ransom, and frankly this decks seems to be of higher grade than the vaunted SL-1200 MK. II of today (oversized and heavier platter, heavier overall deck and better tonearm are clues to it), but you're asking folks to fork over $450 with no pics or even a statement from you of how it is operating currently/today.

Why not guarantee it not to be DOA or one's money back including shipping back to you?  You're not obligated to of course, but it would take the burden of shelling out the money to you considerably easier for many to swallow if so :thumb:

Sorry macro...don't mean to rain down on you today....but it's not the 12,000 members that are at fault in not contacting you further about this deck.  It's the way you have presented this and other ads in the past. 

At the very least, this post bumps your topic to the top of the toteboard again...no bad thing in itself for potential buyers :wink:

John

nrenter

« Reply #8 on: 2 Jan 2009, 01:07 am »
Sight unseen and unverified condition (in the past "couple of years")...I'd offer $50 + a flat $30 for double-boxed, FedEx shipping.

wilsynet

« Reply #9 on: 2 Jan 2009, 01:19 am »
I've sold my Rega (hopefully) and have turned one of my AR's into a new table (see my blog in the vinyl section) and have junked out another AR table because of a weak motor.

Are Rega and AR tables bad as evidenced by you having sold the Rega and junked an AR and now you're going to buy the Technics?

Or was it more of a blog style "here's what I've been up to lately" kind of message?

orthobiz

« Reply #10 on: 2 Jan 2009, 03:14 am »
Get a flickr or photobucket account.
Upload your pics.
Display at an appropriate size.
Copy that URL.
Then click on the "insert image" icon in the post reply window.
Past the URL and voila, almost instant pic!

Paul

whell

« Reply #11 on: 2 Jan 2009, 03:40 am »
The 1100 as a turntable was well thought of due to its robust build quality, though it lacked the quartz lock of the later Technics tables.  Even so, the servo mechanism did a quite nice job keeping the platter rotating at the correct speed.  The only knock on the 1100 was the tonearm.  The stock tonearm was the EPA - 110 arm, and it was just OK. 

It would be helpful to know if your 1100 still has the stock arm, or if the arm was upgraded at some point along the way.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #12 on: 2 Jan 2009, 04:25 am »
I'm sure the arm is stock. The whole set up looks low mileage and original ....... and robust.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #13 on: 5 Jan 2009, 04:04 pm »
Here's a bump. Computer was down for 2 days. Communicating once again.

mokho

« Reply #14 on: 10 Jan 2009, 10:11 pm »
hi there,

i might be interested however not at 450$
where are you located NY tri-state area?

if yes i might be able to take my car and meet with you

let me know your thought?
thanks
mokho