Your favorite looking tables, fellas?

TheChairGuy

Your favorite looking tables, fellas?
« on: 13 Dec 2008, 11:17 pm »
Anyone who has seen my monstrosity tables over time realizes I value function over form.....but I admire good form, too (even if I don't own it). 

Here's one that struck me as particularly handsome.....ONCE Analog tables from Australia:

Simple, clean, high-tech (as hi-tech as an old fashioned table can be), and with the right curves....that really is one of the more handsome designs out there.

Personally, I have found most acrylic decks look really good up close and in person...but, pics don't generally do them enough justice.

Anyhow - what are some handsome looking decks you know or own?

John

TONEPUB

Re: Your favorite looking tables, fellas?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2008, 11:23 pm »
Even though my Oracle always breaks, I do think its an attractive table...

The new Spiral Groove is awfully nice too.  Watch for pics in the new issue!

arthurs

« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2008, 11:33 pm »
I had a chance to see this one in person last week and this picture doesn't do it justice...Technics SP10 MK3 with 200Lbs of mass base made out of Panzerholz Ebony...awesome...

bunnyma357

« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2008, 12:09 am »
For looks there are a few I've liked - the only one I've owned was the B&O TX2, the others are just designs I liked.

B&O TX2

JA Michell Gyrodec

AR Turntable

Kuzma Stabi S

fsimms

« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2008, 03:29 am »
This is mine  aa

VPI Aries III with JMW 10.5i arm

This is the one that I lust after.

SOTA Mellennia Vaccume with SME V

Bob

SetterP

• Dual-Channel Zealot
« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2008, 04:03 am »
There are some nice looking tables in this thread.   :inlove:

I am pretty fond of Jeff Day's restored Garrard 301 with custom plinth by Terry Cain

richidoo

« Reply #6 on: 14 Dec 2008, 04:32 am »
Ditto the Stabi. Cool and understated.

Funk Sapphire:

Toka

« Reply #7 on: 14 Dec 2008, 09:29 am »
I always liked the look of Sota decks (Sapphire, et al)...was never big on the "esoteric" look. But that is simply my taste. Of course, sound quality comes first, and reliability second...looks are just a nice bonus for me...never dealmaker (or breaker).

JohnR

« Reply #8 on: 14 Dec 2008, 09:42 am »
Here's one that struck me as particularly handsome.....ONCE Analog tables from Australia:

Cool, I didn't know we had TT makers here... and not all that far from me in the grand scheme of things. Price a little out of reach for now though.

Listens2tubes

« Reply #9 on: 14 Dec 2008, 11:14 am »
That AR ES-1 was an understated masterpiece of design that still holds it's own.

Wayner

« Reply #10 on: 14 Dec 2008, 01:12 pm »
Here is my Empire 598 II

Listens2tubes

« Reply #11 on: 14 Dec 2008, 03:49 pm »
You've got a gem there, Wayne.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #12 on: 14 Dec 2008, 03:57 pm »
I've lusted after this one for about a year now....I think it's the pinnacle of JVC direct drive design and I've had two very impressive stabs already with JVC...so I just bought one (now up to 5 TT's in the house...I'm very sick now :wink:

I really dig the looks, too, but it's the performance features that attract me most: 3.0kg platter, 10" arm, magnetic q-damping vertical and horizontal, magnetic bearing reduces friction and a 13" oversized platter.

Can't beat the price either US$325.00....about the price of a add-on widget on most hi-end decks these days  :(

JohnR...Vince, the owner of ONCE Analog is a really decent, low-key (not a TALL poppy :wink:) chap, too and packs a lot of technology into his AUS$7K deck.  I have a bud that bought his AUS$14 ONCE bearing oil and swears it's the best tweek he's ever done on his much loved VPI HW-19 deck.

John

Scott F.

« Reply #13 on: 14 Dec 2008, 05:14 pm »
Not the greatest pic going but I like the looks of my Opera  :green:

Oh and of course my little AR-ES1

Wayner, your Empire is extremely cool  :thumb:

Wayner

« Reply #14 on: 14 Dec 2008, 08:08 pm »
Scott,

Nice tables. I can't afford the tonearm, let alone the rest. The AR is great. I tried to get one on ickbay, but it went for crazy money. I'll just settle for what I've got. The Empire is getting old and isn't played alot. It's in pretty good shape, tho I have re-rigged the anti-skating and at times I think the hysteresis motor floats its speed abit, but It's damn near 40 years old.

All of the tables pictured so far are way cool. I love 'em all. It's funny how there are so many different designs. Fun.

Wayner

2bigears

« Reply #15 on: 14 Dec 2008, 09:15 pm »
 :D nice tables,,,,that Indian Sig on the Gon right now is insane !!!!  :D

TheChairGuy

« Reply #16 on: 19 Dec 2008, 01:14 pm »
Along the lines of the Michell tables (and SME, etc....minimal footprint, etc) is the Acoustic Signature line from Germany...I saw them in the flesh up at the Needle Doctor a few years ago in MN when I visited....quite fetching they are:

JoshK

« Reply #17 on: 19 Dec 2008, 04:43 pm »
This one makes my male parts tingle.

Mariusz

« Reply #18 on: 19 Dec 2008, 05:03 pm »
This one makes my male parts tingle.

Cool. Who made that?

Sonny

« Reply #19 on: 19 Dec 2008, 05:31 pm »
Here's my contribution...
But getting the set up on this baby is tough...still trying to hone in the sibilance...