clarinet balance problems?

alpa6

clarinet balance problems?
« on: 11 Dec 2008, 05:38 pm »
 the Clarinet i built sounds very good.Here's the problem.My balance acts funny sort of like a second volume control.It does not really act like a balance control.I knew the clarinet didn't completely silence either side.My balance turns both channels lower to the left.To the right it turns both up.With the right channel slightly louder than the left.I can adjust levels middle of the range a bit.
I played with cabel's.Switching them around.It makes no difference.
Is there something funny going on with the clarent balance?
I did wire up the rca's on a guess. But turning the balance to the right does up the right volume a bit louder than the left.So i figure i wired it all corectly.

alpa6

Re: clarinet balance problems?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2008, 07:30 pm »
Ok i've been playing around today with my clarinet.What i found is that the balance does indeed act like a second volume control.Lower to the left higher to the right.
Is this normal?Could i have been sent the wrong part?
Btw the sound is amazing.It's better in every way you could measure it from my bottlehead.
It's smooth,more detailed,more holographic,Amazing.

alpa6

« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2008, 09:40 pm »
Well i was listening to some jimi hendrix today.Are you experenced.I found one side was missing so i played around with the cable's and found the problem.
I just had both hooked up to the right.I swaped sides and now everything works great.
It really sounds great now as im hearing stereo for the first time lol :D
You make a great product jim!

hagtech

• Facilitator
    • http://www.hagtech.com
« Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2008, 02:27 am »
The balance control is very gentle in it's range.  There is no valid reason (in my mind) to go full left or full right.  The entire point is to steer the phantom center channel to the center.  It makes up for unbalanced channel or source gains.  If you want soundstage in middle, that's all it does. 

jh