December Issue is Ready

Affordable$$Audio

December Issue is Ready
« on: 6 Dec 2008, 05:27 pm »
Hi Everyone:
Just in time for your weekend reading pleasure, the December issue is now ready for free download.  In this month we look at part two of DIY Orion inspired speaker project, the Pathos Classic 1 int. amp, Grant Fidelity tube buffer, to mention a few.
Thanks for reading!!!
http://www.affordableaudio.org

iGrant

Re: December Issue is Ready
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2008, 06:09 pm »
The B-283 has sold out again. We will continue taking pre-orders at the current discounted price until the new stock arrives in about 2 weeks. Thanks for the review Mark !!

Cheers,
Ian

Affordable$$Audio

« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2008, 07:13 pm »
Ian:
The B-283 deserves my accolades along with all the others, it's just plain fun!  Hope your trip to China was fruitful.
Mark

iGrant

« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2008, 07:39 am »
It was an amazing trip, lots of new toys. Will chat in the new year, have a great one Mark and thanks for all the fun this year and your great e-mag.

Next year we hope to take some more people with us to the Guangzhou audio show and to visit some of the/our factories. Your invited. This time was very nice to have a second set of ears with me, it's pretty tiring having to be judge and jury on so many products in or finished production is such a short time.

Ian

cruz123

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2009, 03:20 pm »
I am curious about your review of the Bolder ultimate power supply in the December issue.   Perhaps I missed it, but was the reviewer using the analog or digital outs of the Squeezebox, or both.  It would have been helpful if the review included a comparison of the effects of the ultimate power supply when using the digital vs. analog.

thanks

Mister Pig

• "when pigs fly"
    • Affordable Audio/Positive Feedback Online writer
« Reply #5 on: 5 Jan 2009, 04:17 pm »
I am curious about your review of the Bolder ultimate power supply in the December issue.   Perhaps I missed it, but was the reviewer using the analog or digital outs of the Squeezebox, or both.  It would have been helpful if the review included a comparison of the effects of the ultimate power supply when using the digital vs. analog.

thanks

Hello,

The Bolder modified Squeezebox was used as  a digital source.

The Bolder modified Squeezebox is an excellent stand-alone digital component. The Squeezebox used in this review has the digital and analog Bolder Cable modification installed. The Ultimate IV power supply sits a few feet from the Squeezebox, and a shielded cord supplies power to the SB3. Amplification duties are taken care of by a Jeff Rowland Consummate pre-amplifier, and a Model 5 power amplifier. An Audio Magic Mini-Reference power conditioner provides clean AC power to the system. The speakers contain a pair of Audio Nirvana Super 12 drivers, which are housed in custom Lovecraft Design cabinets. Audio Magic Illusion 4D cables are used throughout the system. Power cords are sourced from the Audio Magic Extreme line of cables. All components are housed in a set of racks from AV123.

Also the Audio Magic Kukama DAC that usually resides in my system is not listed in the system set up description. Sorry for the confusion.

Perhaps I should have included a paragraph on the effects of the Ultimate power supply when the SB is used as a transport. The effect of the PS is consistent, and the sonic gains with this power supply are on par with what is experienced when the SB is used alone.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards
Mister Pig