A NEW ENEMY HAS EMERGED!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really starting to hate Christmas!

Wayner

Listening to my newly modded AR turntable, which is starting to prove it's awesomeness, I started hearing a buzz. Wait, the buzz turns on and then turns off. So I unplug everyting electrical with the table and the buzz is still there in it's nice cycling glory.

Then the "light came on". It's someones F'ING Christmas lights........Broadcasting all over the neighborhood. I hope their happy.

The Bastards.

W :evil:

Mariusz

Why not go with DC motor and try running on batteries........ Christmas lights seems to stay on for months and months these days.  :duh:

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
You need to send a message to the neighborhood.
I say you go find that family, kick in their door, rip their sh*t down and spray paint "Bah Humbuzz-Vinyl Rules" on the walls.

markC

So, Wayner, if you unplugged everything to do with the table, what component is passing the buzz?

Mariusz

I always blame my neighbors for my DIY failures. :tempted: :guns:

Wayner

The cartridge is an incredable gain machine. With power removed from the motor, the cartridge can still pick up stuff. If the preamp is on, the cartridge is on. I was able to kill it with a finger touch. I may try some different grounding techniques. The noise is RF.

Wayner

royphil345

I live in a high-rise with hundreds of lights of all kinds, computers, refrigerators, cell phones, microwaves, etc... running and my rig doesn't hum.

Wayner

The noise is a patterned "buzz" that lasts about 5 seconds, then stops for about the same amount of time and then repeats, over and over. I think I have found the offender down the street with an inflated Santa that has his arm waving. I'm going to do some watching and see when he starts the damn thing up.

Wayner

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Wayner -

Turns out StereoLink ships all their ICs with a removable RF block on one end (didn't know what it was so had to call them). Don't know if it's something that would work in your case, but if you want to give it a try I've got one I'm not using. PM me with mailing info, I'll pop it off the IC, drop it in a box, and send it your way. It's only about 1"x1 1/4" cube.

JD

TheChairGuy

DEATH to Santa....hohoho  :thumb:

Listens2tubes

:uzi:       buzz buzz buzz       :scratch:      BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ      :banghead:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
DEATH to Santa....hohoho  :thumb:

Hohoho   :lol:

Have you at least broken his arm yet, Wayner? 

Have fun,
Jerry

markC

The noise is a patterned "buzz" that lasts about 5 seconds, then stops for about the same amount of time and then repeats, over and over. I think I have found the offender down the street with an inflated Santa that has his arm waving. I'm going to do some watching and see when he starts the damn thing up.

Wayner

Game of darts anyone? :icon_twisted: