Ridge Street Audio Designs USED CABLE SALE

Robert C. Schult

« on: 24 Nov 2003, 03:38 am »
Hello 'Circlers.
We have some used cabling for sale. The AudiogoN link is:

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?cablintr&1074819066&item

Hope this is helpful for some of you and Thanks for looking.

audiojerry

« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2003, 06:46 pm »
Put my name on the speaker cable if they are still available.  :D

Double Ugly

« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2003, 06:48 pm »
Quote from: audiojerry

I'd have beaten you to it if I was sure 8' would work.   :(

DU

audiojerry

« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2003, 07:02 pm »
Quote from: Double Ugly

I'd have beaten you to it if I was sure 8' would work.   :(

DU
8' is too short for me too, but I'm willing to compromise the location of my components to gain the benefits that these amazing wires offer.   Would you be interested in a 14' pair of ZuCable Wax?  :wink:

Double Ugly

« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2003, 07:29 pm »
8' is too short for me too, but I'm willing to compromise the location of my components to gain the benefits that these amazing wires offer.   Would you be interested in a 14' pair of ZuCable Wax?  :wink:

Nah, I'll just grow old waiting for that used pair of 12-footers to make an appearance.   :(

Congrats, Jerry.  I think you did well.

DU

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #5 on: 24 Nov 2003, 09:58 pm »
Hi D.U.

Listen, if it's helpful, we have a 743 ft set of Bi-Wire MSE Gen.II S/Cs I'm willing to let go for $45015.00. These came from a gent who moved his system into a larger listening room. He used them to drive a set of vintage pair of Rogers LS3/5a and now, with the new room, they're too short.

If you want these, place your speakers any where in the house and forget about it! Even put your speakers in different rooms! If 743 ft is a little too long, cut them in half!

Let me know and I'll crate them up tonight and arrange a trucking carrier.

Double Ugly

« Reply #6 on: 24 Nov 2003, 10:52 pm »
Quote from: Robert C. Schult
Hi D.U.

Listen, if it's helpful, we have a 743 ft set of Bi-Wire MSE Gen.II S/Cs I'm willing to let go for $45015.00. These came from a gent who moved his system into a larger listening room. He used them to drive a set of vintage pair of Rogers LS3/5a and now, with the new room, they're too short.

If you want these, place your speakers any where in the house and forget about it! Even put your speakers in different rooms! If 743 ft is a little too long, cut them in half!

Let me know and I'll crate them up tonight and arrange a trucking carrier.

Sold!   :D

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #7 on: 25 Nov 2003, 06:55 am »
So far, seems like Zu is not winning many battles. :o

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #8 on: 25 Nov 2003, 10:30 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
So far, seems like Zu is not winning many battles. :o
                Zu don't have any time for battles, they're too busy with the monitor audition. :wink: Then again,,, maybe not? :roll: Regards, Robin

audiojerry

« Reply #9 on: 25 Nov 2003, 08:34 pm »
There is at least one reason why Zu seems to be falling short lately.
Many cable designs getting the highest praise use cryo treatment. Zu does not.

Sa-dono

« Reply #10 on: 26 Nov 2003, 04:03 am »

Yes..but Ridge Street does not appear to as well, except on the connectors to their Power Cords, and seem to be liked by everyone so far that has heard their cables.

Since some of the reviewers and Robert are here..would anyone like to comment on the "noise rejecting topology", and how this compares to a well shielded cable in regards to noise?

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #11 on: 26 Nov 2003, 08:04 am »
               Jerry, I expect that Zu cryo's their monitors as this would explain why the audition parade has grinded to a stop after the first stop. Must be Zu forgot to thaw the speakers!  :rotflmao:   Regards, Robin

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #12 on: 26 Nov 2003, 08:04 am »
To my friend and fellow drummer, Sa-dono and others who have interest...

It's taken me several years to finally have a cabling product that has mostly met my expectations sonically. I really have no interest in divulging in a few minutes what has taken me years to learn and discover. No snake oil or magic here but, I like to believe a different perspective on audio cabling that I also like to think has enabled us to do some things differently.

A couple of days ago I found what appears to be someone copying what we're doing. At one point earlier this year, their representative had some of our cabling for a supposed demo and now, low and behold, their description list is pretty much identical to our description list even in the order some of our ads give. I suspect the similarities to our offerings end there.  On one hand I'm flattered, on the other hand I'm flatted. They are a fairly well recognized name in the audio industry. Lesson learned: While I don't subscribe to suspicion as a means to conduct myself, I will exercise more caution from here on out. If some one wants my trust, they'll need to earn it just as I need to do with clients, venders, associates, friends, my wife and kids.

With that, I'll add a couple of things. I suppose I could come up with a lot of fancy words to try and convince someone or everyone that our cabling products are "the one" (they are for me anyway...) and I suppose to some extent I do that but, I would rather the testimony from those who have taken a risk by choosing the "new kid on the block" and have been rewarded for their venture. I appreciate and respect these folks very much and am indebted to them. I'm a risk taker so I can appreciate some of the pitfalls of taking risks but also some of the rewards. Some of these folks I've developed at least some relationship with and mutual trust has been one of the benefits. I've shared with some of them more of the details about our products.

I trust when someone uses our cables, they choose to use our cables not because of any claimed miraculous engineering feats but rather how they contribute to the enjoyment of listening to music that stirs them. I have no formal training in engineering. My learning style would never work in a classroom (I just had this discussion with my Mother last Thursday. She was disappointed that in my younger years, I never went to college. I told her she should be glad I didn't...it would have been a nightmare for me. I barely made it through high school!) What engineering I posses comes from common sense, innovative thinking, tons of books and articles and friendships with a few who have formal training. Same thing with my musical abilities...I damned near flunked Band in high school but took top honors and first place in state competition in percussion. Go figure!

My point is that with all this, our cabling is more esoteric than most and because of that, I choose not to throw all my ideas out there for some to pick apart, steal or otherwise. If one is curious about our cables, give them a try and convince yourself. We even give 30 days of no risk!...except for satfrat (hey buddy, I got your little pink spoon right here pal :!: :lol: ). In my experience, for me to engage a conversation about what we do, how and why we do it is merely an intellectual exercise that convinces very few or brings about slanderous debate to inflate or deflate somebody's little ego. So I usually don't go there unless someone just plainly needs a new a-hole ripped to climb into.

Well, if you've made it this far, here's a tidbit I'll share that I don't see anyone talk about; All cabling acts as a capacitor to whatever degree or measured value. Many, if not most of us know the difference a good capacitor can make in an audio circuit. I know what makes for an excellent audio grade capacitor and some of that is incorporated into our cabling. It seems that most people do not look at cables like that...not just as a capacitor but a very high performance capacitor. I do because I believe it's important since, like it or not, every cable functions in part as a capacitor regardless if it's a small or large value.

So...perhaps not what one expected but there's my comment!

Sa-dono

« Reply #13 on: 26 Nov 2003, 09:10 am »
Thanks for the informative background and notions Robert! So do you have any patents pending then, to help protect your unique work? Hopefully so. (These answers can certainly be saved for a PM if you like.)

I was mainly asking about the "noise rejecting topology", as I am curious about how effective it is in regards to noise floor reduction, and not about design choices. In the end, I will surely give the cables a try in time. I just have to work out the timing, so I can have all the cables I want to compare at the same time. I will certainly be in touch :D

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #14 on: 26 Nov 2003, 09:35 am »
No patents will be persued. I had originally intended to do so with our construction process first then onto product but my attorney pointed a few things out to me that made a ton of sense so I've decided against it. Sometimes patents can do more harm than good.

I believe you'll find our cables to have an exceptionally low noise floor. The "noise rejecting topology" is not exclusively a function of our shielding method nor is a "well shielded cable" a guarantee of a low noise floor. I define noise as more than 50 or 60hz hum or RFI or MFI or UFO or LOL or BTW or IMO or PIE.

BTW, IMO, a UFO's RFI and MFI can bake PIE at 60hz but not at 50! LOL!

vpolineni

« Reply #15 on: 26 Nov 2003, 02:32 pm »
Quote from: Sa-dono

Yes..but Ridge Street does not appear to as well, except on the connectors to their Power Cords, and seem to be liked by everyone so far that has heard their cables.

Since some of the reviewers and Robert are here..would anyone like to comment on the "noise rejecting topology", and how this compares to a well shielded cable in regards to noise?

Robert at Ridge Street told me he has the silver cryo'ed before it reaches him.  I asked because I planned on having my Poiema! cables cryo'ed  but he advised against it for that reason.. Robert, care to comment on this?  by the way, EXCELLENT cables!  Jackman said these were the best cables he's heard... and they're not even broken in yet  :mrgreen: .

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #16 on: 26 Nov 2003, 05:10 pm »
Hey "V" and Sootfart!
Yes, Cryo is one of the things we do. It's a very good idea to know what you're doing here or, for audio applications, you can really mess things up! I'm very fortunate to have someone who works with me very closely to get what we believe is an optimized method and process specific to our products.

"V", I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the Poiema! cables. Good for you! :hyper:
Care to share more of your initial impressions?

vpolineni

« Reply #17 on: 26 Nov 2003, 05:58 pm »
Robert,
my initial impressions are still pretty much the same as what I told you over the phone last week:  I think the cables do an excellent job of providing detail within the music.  for example, i can hear a cymbal being struck each time instead of it being blurred together.  The kick-drum has much more impact and accuracy as well as the bass.  I'm looking forward to hearing it as it breaks in more.  Hopefully Jack will post his observations on them too.

Sa-dono

« Reply #18 on: 26 Nov 2003, 08:07 pm »
Quote from: Robert C. Schult
I believe you'll find our cables to have an exceptionally low noise floor. The "noise rejecting topology" is not exclusively a function of our shielding method nor is a "well shielded cable" a guarantee of a low noise floor. I define noise as more than 50 or 60hz hum or RFI or MFI or UFO or LOL or BTW or IMO or PIE.

BTW, IMO, a UFO's RFI and MFI can bake PIE at 60hz but not at 50! LOL!

:nono: Well if your cables get rid of PIE then you're in for some trouble :lol:

Thanks everyone as well in regards to the info that all of the cables are cryo'd!