42" flat panel recommendations

viggen

Re: 42" flat panel recommendations
« Reply #40 on: 29 Nov 2008, 01:11 am »
I think the 42LG60 has a great picture too.  Hardware wise, it has the best processor and panel.  The picture has a LOT of pop and is razor sharp.  However, after doing a direct comparison with the KDL46Z4100 Sony, I prefer the Sony.  Perhaps my eyes are used to Sonys since I've been watching Sony TVs all my life, but the said Sony LCD just gives me better long term satisfaction.

Aesthetically, I think the LG60's bezel isn't very attractive...

My TV arrived today.  However, they delivered me an open box.  I was not happy, so I went down to the store.  Without trying to keep a sale, the salesman that sold me the TV gave me an refund immediately.  I guess he didn't have time to kill since it's BFD, and the same TV is out of stock...

I just ordered the same TV from Amazon.  It selling at the same price Pacific Sales is selling it at.  And, I don't have to pay tax or shipping not that Pacific Sales charged me a delivery fee.  But, I save about $160 on tax.  I do have to wait until December 8th to get the TV delivered to me though.

I found Circuit City have the same TV at the same price too. 

standman

• Industry Participant
    • www.standmanstands.com
« Reply #41 on: 29 Nov 2008, 09:06 pm »
Any news on the info the little birdy delivered regarding the sub 500.00 panasonic?  I'm in the market for the best bang for the buck on something in this range. About anything would put me in a different leauge right now, however I really don't need all the bells and whistles and would like to get the best value I can. Was also looking at Samsungs in bothe Plasma and lcd versions. The Plasmas are priced less expensively. Anyone else here from a little birdy or have any recomendations?  Thanks,

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013

Crimson

« Reply #43 on: 29 Nov 2008, 10:22 pm »
Sorry, folks. I'm as disappointed as you are, as I was looking for one for my (home) office. Seems I'm going to have to give that bird a piece of my mind on Monday (actually, I'm going to boil it alive).

jackman

« Reply #44 on: 30 Nov 2008, 02:03 pm »
I hope some folks jumped on the $659 Panasonic Plasma deal.  My mom's arrives this week.  That's an awesome deal on a great plasma.  I've got an older version and it has a very good picture.  Still the best deal I have found on a flat panel of this quality.

J

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #45 on: 5 Dec 2008, 08:41 pm »
http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC79&N=4018653&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=74652&Ns=P_Price

Costco has some good prices right now, not the cheapest around but good and from a respectable vendor offering very good customer service.  So if you have some dead pixels or whatever, should be no issue to return it in due time.  They also extended the basic warranty by an additional year. Also grab a 18" Pizza for $9 on your way out to share with your buddy who'll help you set it up.

Phil Taylor

• Home Theater Systems
« Reply #46 on: 7 Dec 2008, 06:52 am »
I just got the 42" Panny and it is spectacular - 720 on this set is fantastic and Blu-ray is absolutely amazing. Well satisfied and my final cost was $597 delivered. Pick one up while they're still available - if you can find it under $800 it's well worth it.