TheAudioXchange Feedback Management

dragan13

TheAudioXchange Feedback Management
« on: 23 Nov 2008, 07:09 pm »
As many of you know, thanks to Lee and his prompt post, the transition to new domain has been completed and it seems to have been received very well. Thank you all.

I'll be working on the feedback management next and will have it finished in a week or two. Specifically, we already have a full feedback system but only for the auctions side of the site. Not for classifieds. There, we only have voting system and it refers to listings, not members. The philosophy (read: code) behind it has to do with the way site tracks auction transactions and parties involved in them. All auction transactions are being handled "internally" from start to finish thus making seller/buyer "eligible" to leave feedback for one another.

Classifieds side isn't tracked as there is no meaningful way to do so. Only the initial contact between a buyer and a seller is done via the site but the rest takes place outside.

Regardless, due to a huge demand, I'm extending the current system to cover classifieds as well. Even though there will not be a transaction for site to use as reference (classifieds), members will be able to leave feedback for one another, without any arbitration on my part.

It is worth knowing that I'll have full control and should there be any issues, if requested, I'll come in as a self appointed "court" and try and help out.

To make things more fair, I'm thinking of establishing a body or a board if you will, to deal with disputes etc. Looking for your help and participation on this one so please, fire away.

Lot of things to consider... I appreciate your input.

MaxCast

Re: TheAudioXchange Feedback Management
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2008, 12:07 am »
For disputes here is a thought.  After dealing with "disputes" here at AC a he said, she said situation is futile.
How about this, if there is a dispute create a poll.  Each side can present their case.  Members are allowed to participate and ask questions.  Members may change their vote.  After 1 week poll closes and the winner gets the decision.   :thumb: