Sailing, Sex, & RM/X

JFT

Sailing, Sex, & RM/X
« on: 23 Nov 2003, 12:51 pm »
Until yesterday I believed the greatest first-time experiences in one's life are the first time you went sailing and the first time you had sex (not necessarily in that order). Yesterday I realized there's a third great first-time life-experience, the first time you hear a pair of RM/X's. I was a member of a group from the Houston Audio Society that had the privilege of visiting Julian's listening room at Sedona Sky Sound outside Austin, where we heard his RM/X pair bi amped with four Ampzillas. WOW! I'm curretly a Magnepan owner and my expectations for quality-of-sound versus price are high. Within that context the RM/X is an unbelievably good value. If I won the lottery and my wife said, "OK, you can have one more speaker, but that's it for the rest of your life", it would be the RM/X. Thanks Julian and Emily for your hospitality.

UTLaw

• http://www.utexas.edu/law
Sailing, Sex, & RM/X
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 2003, 04:54 pm »
I feel fairly privileged to live only about 20 minutes from Julian.  You have now heard what I have already labeled the best audio experience of my life - a level of audio quality I honestly did not think was possible.  It's great to have yet another person validate the amazing sound Julian has created in his audio room.  With my last review of Julian's system I'm sure a fair number of people around here thought I was crazy, but I know the more people head down to Julian's home the more glowing reviews will be popping up on message boards.

I compared the sound directly to live performances.  This guy compared it to sex.  Clearly, Julian is doing something right!  :D :D :D

Julian and Emily are great people, and if you're seriously considering high end speakers a trip to their home should be mandatory.

Q

Im hoping for better....
« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2003, 07:24 pm »
I'm considering purchase of the RM/x pair.  Problem is, the first time I had sex (with a partner) it wasnt that great.  It got better as time went on!  Maybe that's a better analogy?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Sailing, Sex, & RM/X
« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2003, 08:34 pm »
Q,
It's all about the tuning - with enough practice and experimenting, you nail it :-D