Marantz AV600 question........

albee

Marantz AV600 question........
« on: 21 Nov 2008, 05:47 pm »
For a second system I bought a used one of these to use as a two-channel preamp.  Unfortunately, I have not found a way, on the unit or remote, to adjust channel balance.  It has treble, bass, and input gain but no balance? 

Has anyone used one of these and knows the tricks?

Thanks.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Marantz AV600 question........
« Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2008, 08:57 pm »
I don't know man...... I can't even find the manual on the Marantz website.  :scratch:

Bob

albee

« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2008, 06:28 am »
Yeah, these forums are my last resort. 

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2008, 04:00 pm »
Try to call Marantz tech support.
I'm sure they've got an archive of manuals either online (that we haven't found yet), or accessible to them that they could sell you.

Bob

tybee

« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2008, 06:38 pm »
I have an AV600 stored away which may return to use in a simple 2.1 HT system.  The 2 channel preamp section is very very good.

Reviewing the AV600 manual, it does not have an external balance control. It was designed to be a HT processor, so your unit may be out of channel balance because the set up for HT by the previous owner adjusting each channel's balance for the previous listening room. Since it has an on-screen set up for adjusting each channel, you will need to connect it to a TV and press OSD button which will display the current setting. The mode button (lower left)  on the remote controls seven surround modes with stereo as a choice. I can't remember if the mode function overrode the HT channel set ups and the manual is not clear, so you might try the on-screen channel speaker set up for adjustment.

Hope this helps.

albee

« Reply #5 on: 22 Nov 2008, 11:48 pm »
Thanks, Tybee, hooking up to the tele is probably the answer--just like setting the balance on my dvd player.  Right now I am using my dvd player to adjust the balance, I just wanted to be able to use the preamp's balance.

albee

« Reply #6 on: 24 Nov 2008, 03:08 am »
I ran a video I/C to try a simple hook up between the unit and TV and  I couldn't get anything with the OSD button.  I changed channels along with different source selections and never got anything to happen on-screen.  I may have to write Marantz, or worse, call them.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 24 Nov 2008, 11:03 pm »
You may have a dedicated "monitor out" (yellow composite RCA) jack on the back panel.  :dunno:

Bob