jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
November News
« on: 20 Nov 2008, 05:24 pm »

nathanm

Re: November News
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2008, 08:02 pm »
Good grief, that black wedge monitor will really test an audiophile's mettle to see if they care about sound more than looks! It may not even have HAF fer cripes sakes!  But look at the bright side, you could do a great Bruce Dickinson impersonation with it.

jqp

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2008, 08:18 pm »
OK I'll bite. HAF?

jqp

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2008, 08:24 pm »
Ah not just no WAF, but not even HAF. THey would look good in the Bat cave

mca

« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2008, 10:45 pm »
I am going to assume that thing was built for commercial applications. Would be interesting to hear those DC gold drivers though.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2008, 12:41 am »
I am going to assume that thing was built for commercial applications. Would be interesting to hear those DC gold drivers though.

Doesn't look that way to me as they're being shown in a home system. Mounted on the ceiling, I think they'd work ok plus you could always repaint them to blend in with their surroundings. It's good to see Norh is still developing but it's too bad that Mr Barnes totally ignores this Circle that devoted for him.  :|

Cheers,
Robin

jqp

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 22 Nov 2008, 10:19 pm »
This is probably the prototype in that picture, so it is in mbarnes system, or maybe Yuths - these were developed for the commercial installation at the Long Table nightclub in Bangkok discussed in the news. Unfortunately it seems the older news from this year is not accessible.