Anyone ordered Bryston speaker cable: required length x 2 or x 4?

dubkarma

• "God made man because he loves stories." - Canetti
This is probably a dumb question, but the answer's not clear to me from the Bryston website so here goes....

I was about to order a 10 ft. pair of Bryston "linear crystal" speaker cables.

Price for unterminated cable is US$5.00 foot, so I figure 20 ft. of cable for a stereo pair.

But then a looked again at the photo of the cable on the website and it looks like the + and - legs of the cable are completely separate, which suggests I'd need to order 10 ft. x 4 to make up a stereo pair.

Can anyone set me straight?

And while you're at it, can you tell me if their locking banana plugs are screw or solder type and whether the price includes termination?

Thanks very much,

Joel.

denjo

[C]an you tell me if their locking banana plugs are screw or solder type and whether the price includes termination?

Joel

I ordered the banana plugs from Bryston and they are the screw version, no solder required. My cables are the same as what Bryston uses, the Vann Damme cables, with spades (small) on the amplifier side. Not sure what you mean by 4 cable lengths. I think you will only need x 2. Anyhow, I am sure James will chime in here and help you with that part of your query.

Best regards
Dennis

Ps, my cables turned out too short! If you can make do with 9 ft, I would be happy to sell mine if you are interested. Connectors are from Bryston, cables from Van Damme agents who also did the solder for me on the spade side.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
This is probably a dumb question, but the answer's not clear to me from the Bryston website so here goes....

I was about to order a 10 ft. pair of Bryston "linear crystal" speaker cables.

Price for unterminated cable is US$5.00 foot, so I figure 20 ft. of cable for a stereo pair.

But then a looked again at the photo of the cable on the website and it looks like the + and - legs of the cable are completely separate, which suggests I'd need to order 10 ft. x 4 to make up a stereo pair.

Can anyone set me straight?

And while you're at it, can you tell me if their locking banana plugs are screw or solder type and whether the price includes termination?

Thanks very much,

Joel.

Hi Joel,

You just need 2 cables for A STEREO PAIR -each cable has the plus and minus as part of a twin lead.
Price includes termination.

james

dubkarma

Ps, my cables turned out too short! If you can make do with 9 ft, I would be happy to sell mine if you are interested. Connectors are from Bryston, cables from Van Damme agents who also did the solder for me on the spade side

Dennis,

Thanks very much for the offer. But I really do need 10 ft. cables.

Regards,

Joel.

dubkarma

Hi Joel,

You just need 2 cables for A STEREO PAIR -each cable has the plus and minus as part of a twin lead.
Price includes termination.

james

James,

Thanks very much for the clarification!

Regards,

Joel.

denjo

Joel

No problems!  :D
They are great SCs!

Best regards
Dennis