MDM55 discontinued?? How will this affect Rick's designs?

Zero the Hero

At least discontinued at Parts Express... not very good news. I believe this is the driver Rick uses in many of his designs, any substitutes in the works?

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: MDM55 discontinued?? How will this affect Rick's designs?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2008, 06:27 pm »
At least discontinued at Parts Express... not very good news. I believe this is the driver Rick uses in many of his designs, any substitutes in the works?

No - please check the facts before you post. A representative from Morel recently posted on the Parts Express forum that the MDM-55 isn't being discontinued. Madisound has plenty of stock.

Zero the Hero

« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2008, 07:08 pm »
Sorry Rick - never saw that post (and still can't find it to be honest)... just got a little concerned since I think those 35F's are calling my name. Didn't mean to cause alarm. Carry on...

RobC

« Reply #3 on: 14 Nov 2008, 02:39 am »
Hmmm...... That's strange. I tried to order a pair while they had them on sale recently. The site said that they were "temporarily out of stock" so I asked to have them notify me when they were available. Two days later, I received an e-mail from PE stating that they were discontinued and were not to be available anymore through PE. I'll have to call PE on this.

RobC

« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2008, 02:44 am »
Here is the e-mail sent to me on 11/11/08 @ 3:36PM:

Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you that Part # 287-020, DISCONTINUED Morel MDM-55 2-1/8" Soft Dome Midrange has been discontinued and will no longer be available from PartsExpress.com

We apologize for the inconvenience.

The Parts Express Customer Service Team

chrismercurio

« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2008, 03:06 am »
Perhaps PE has discontinued it. (stopped carrying it)

RobC

« Reply #6 on: 14 Nov 2008, 03:14 am »
Just want to apologize to Rick. It's true that Morel is not being carried anymore by PE but Madisound and Meniscus still do. All is well.  I've got to admit though that the $50 price they had on it recently was nice!