Custom OB speakers GR OB-5 MTM TOPS w/ Dual 12" OB W frame powered base$1195

lhunsic105

I WILL SELL OB-5 TOPS......$399/PAIR
W FRAME OB SERVO WOOFERS.....$450 EACH

I have a custom pair of open baffle (OB)  speakers for sale that use GR Research OB-5 MTM Top Sections mounted on a OB Truncated Pyramid Top Baffle 8" Top 10" on Bottom.  The Bottom Sections are Two 12" GR Woofers mounted in a W Frame OB Truncated Pyramid measuring 14" on top and 16.5" at the Base.  The speakers are approx. 48" high.  The Woofer sections  are  powered by Servo subwoofer plate amps A370PEQ from Rythmik Audio in separate amp box’s with a 6' long quick disconnect cord. The base sections have  veneered sides with a black grill.  The are not professionally  made but look presentable and are solid.  I have pics I can send..     The upper MTM section (as in the GR Research  OB-5/OB-7) consists of a pair of M-130/16's crossing in the 1,800Hz range to a BG Neo 3 pdr. The crossover point of the open baffle MTM section to the OB  SW-12-16FR woofers  is in the 200Hz range. The  speaker top sections  have 91db sensitivity with 1 watt/1 meter and have about a 6 ohm average impedance load with a minimum impedance that drops to 4 ohms in the 4 to 5kHz range.

The OB Woofer section features Two SW-12-16FR woofers per speaker in a W frame  specifically designed for applications operating in free air, on an open baffle,  . This sub will deliver the ultimate in accuracy and sound quality and do so free from any box or enclosure colorations. It is powered by  the Direct Servo   Subwoofer plate amp A370PEQ from  Rythmik Audio that includes the shelving needed for OB use.  The amps were modified by Rythmik for a max 300 Hz crossover at 24 db/octave giving the speaker a good level of adjustment at the needed 200 HZ crossover point. 

Crossover components include Alpha Core foil inductors.combined with Erse poly caps and Sonicap Gen.2 by-pass caps and Sonicaps.    Resistors are Mills and Lynk  The crossovers are wired with JPS Labs wire from Danny approx. 35 feet!

I prefer to sell these as a system but may entertain selling the top sections with crossover. (You would need to build your oI:\DCIM\100NIKON\DSCN1290.JPGwn bass units) and the Bottom OB W frame bass units with servo plate amps.  Pick up is preferred but I can meet you half way or deliver up to 250 miles from Asheville NC 28806.  The speakers a truly excellent and SOTA IMO.
I have gone back and forth between these and my Soundlab —3's w/PX membranes (yes they are that good $12,000) ) and they equal the Soundlabs in many areas excelling them in bass detail  and surprisingly the upper end. Ultimately however the Coherency of the Soundlabs (even though close) convinced me that I just couldn’t give them up
My Price $1195 w/ servo feedback bass amps Great buy!!! Parts were over $2000
I HAVE PICS I CAN SEND

LHUNSIC105@CHARTER.NET
link to ad with pics
http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrplan&1231613575&/Custom-full-range-open

Note: A few have asked me what other speaker I recently owned and/or built.  Harbeth 7es, Orion, Emerald Physics, Salk HT-3's to name the ones in the last two years

« Last Edit: 4 Dec 2008, 02:45 pm by lhunsic105 »