New "T" vesrion of RM-200mkII

sonicboom

New "T" vesrion of RM-200mkII
« on: 11 Nov 2008, 05:50 pm »
Roger,

I was browsing your website the other day and came across what seem (to me at least) to be new versions of the RM200 that are designated with the letter "T".  Besides hand wound transformers what other changes have you made to these amps that go beyond the basic mkII units?  Would you care to elaborate a bit on sonic differences?  Lastly, would similar upgrades be in store for the RM-300's?

Cheers
G.

Roger A. Modjeski

Re: New "T" vesrion of RM-200mkII
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2008, 02:21 am »
The T versions came from the hard truth that I cannot find any person who can wind transformers the way I can, no matter how much I work with them. Outside vendors do not/cannot/ are not willing to wind as per my instructions. The last person I taught took a full day to wind one transformer.

Since I am winding all the transformers I can offer several power/class options. The price list contains the ones I feel make sense. The RM-200 is a very flexible platform that allows me to make amplifiers of many kinds.

I feel the Standard version supplied with my transformers is the best choice. As to the sonics; the transformers I wind have 1/3 the distortion at high frequencies of the MK-1 and much greater stability into capacitive loads (ESLs other than mine which is not highly capacitive).

Bhmartin

« Reply #2 on: 3 Apr 2009, 02:52 am »
The T versions came from the hard truth that I cannot find any person who can wind transformers the way I can, no matter how much I work with them. Outside vendors do not/cannot/ are not willing to wind as per my instructions. The last person I taught took a full day to wind one transformer.

Since I am winding all the transformers I can offer several power/class options. The price list contains the ones I feel make sense. The RM-200 is a very flexible platform that allows me to make amplifiers of many kinds.

I feel the Standard version supplied with my transformers is the best choice. As to the sonics; the transformers I wind have 1/3 the distortion at high frequencies of the MK-1 and much greater stability into capacitive loads (ESLs other than mine which is not highly capacitive).

Roger,

How does the performance of the RM-200 MkII standard version (non-Roger wound Xformers) compare to that of the RM-200 MkI unit?

Thanks.

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2009, 04:38 am »