Absolute Sounds review of Ref 9 SE V2

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
Absolute Sounds review of Ref 9 SE V2
« on: 11 Nov 2008, 01:41 am »
Hello all just got my December issue of TAS. As advertised in the November issue a review of our favorite Ref 9 SE V2 was handled by Chris Martens. He did the last Nuforce Ref 9 review in TAS 158 a few years ago. We all know of the later front page issue of Class D amps done by TAS in 166 that hit hard in not a good way on our favorite amps.
To my reading CM does the latest and greatest revision of the Ref 9 series justice. Removing the upper mid and treble so called problems of pass Ref 9 amps.
I have been through the entire evolution of these super detailed amps and would not trade mine for any out there. CM says that these amps are speaker dependent. In my case using Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature System speakers i have not had the examples that CM mentions with upper mids and treble problems in earlier versions. What i did experience in the original and upgrade process that Casey and Jason offer to there customers is a most definite improvement in very familiar lps sound. Staging depth, air, life, 3d delivery, rock solid bass, and mid range sounds so very important in Classic Rock recording, the music i listen to the most. A step up in each description with each upgrade IMO.
Also mentioned is Nuforces in home trial offer a must for any audio purchase.
I would have to say congratulations Nuforce for a fine review. And i am already getting excited with the next upgrade to these super fine amps hopefully down the line.
A fine reply by Jason in the Manufacturers comments on just how easy the lay out of the Ref 9 series makes upgrades possible. Nuforce customers have there investment protected by R&D with this first class operation also.
Many thanks Cassy Jason and the Nuforce team.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: Absolute Sounds review of Ref 9 SE V2
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2008, 03:35 am »
I am glad that our value proposition has been validated.   :thumb:

Kenobi

« Reply #2 on: 2 Dec 2008, 04:02 pm »
Hi Jason,

When can we expect the new AS review up on your website?

Thanks in advance,

Kenobi

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2008, 10:46 pm »
We can't post it on the website since we don't have the PDF rights. We are trying to keep expense low during the recession  :cry: