88 Minutes

Bigfish

88 Minutes
« on: 11 Nov 2008, 01:02 am »
My wife and I just finished watching "88 Minutes" starring Al Pacino.  The movie has suspense and was interesting enough that my wife watched the entire movie.  This was not one of Pacino's best acting job but worth watching.  I would rate this one at 3 out of a possible 5 stars.

Ken

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: 88 Minutes
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2008, 01:18 am »
While I agree with the 3/5 rating and what you thought of the plot, I thought Pacino was aweome in this movie and it reminded me why I like Al over De Niro in these types of movies. Al Pacino is just an intense actor but I still love De Niro's comedy acting of late. :D

Cheers,
Robin

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2008, 03:06 pm »
Pacino is amazing...I was watching one of his more underrated films the other night, "Sea of Love". Ellen Barkin was looking HOT in this film, too  :drool:

mcullinan

« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2008, 04:02 am »
Just finished watching this movie. The dialogue is contrived, the acting is horrific. And the writing is lazy lazy lazy. The pieces fit together apathetically. Is there a theme emerging?? Al Pacino one of the greates actors of our time, was not so great. No character development.. I was like who are these people and why do I care. Every minute Al is hugging another girl consoling them. I want to give this movie 2 vomits straight up and back onto the face! Steer clear your 88 minutes can be better spent ridding yourself of the bad breath everyone thinks you have.
Mike :o