THX Trailer "Amazing Life"

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
THX Trailer "Amazing Life"
« on: 10 Nov 2008, 11:42 pm »
The lastest edition of the THX trailers was released in 2007, but I just saw it for the first time watching Indiana Jones Crystal Skull.
WOW!  :o

Here's the video.

Here's the story behind "Amazing life".

Not only is this visually much more stunning that THX trailers in the past, but the sound had really been improved.
It has set a new benchmark for my system.... First time I've EVER heard my infinite baffle drivers bottom out.  aa  :icon_twisted:  COOL

Anybody know of other movies (DVDs specifically) this trailer appear on?

Bob

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
Re: THX Trailer "Amazing Life"
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2008, 02:58 pm »
NOBODY likes the THX "eye and ear candy"?  :scratch:

Bob

RAW

« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2008, 04:38 pm »
Nice one Bob that new trailer  :drool:

That has to be the best THX so far, now i will have to see when the new trailer disk has it?

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 14 Nov 2008, 04:42 pm »
YEAAAaaahhhh, A fellow THX fan!!   :hyper: :rock:

You can buy a disc with all the trailers on it?  :scratch:

I have a Pixar "shorts" disc, but have never seen anything from THX.
I sifted through their online catalog, but didn't see a disc. That would be cool!  aa   :icon_twisted:

Bob

RAW

« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2008, 04:50 pm »
Bob
Say if by chance I had your address and something showed up at your door :drool:

Love them THX disks :green:

Yes as a fact I am shopping for a projector right now.

Tell you moving into a smaller HT room SUCKS.I had a room I made done to the nuts with sound proofing.
All walls were
2X6 Acoustic insulation for 2x4 wall space then a layer of roof felt 30lb all over the walls then another layer of Acoustic insulation topped off again with 30lb felt.Walls covered in one layer of drywall then roof felt and another layer of dry wall.

One of the best controled rooms I have ever listened in.

Anyway new projector new issues and now new install.Wost part must strip the room as it is finished drywall.

THX  :drool:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 14 Nov 2008, 05:17 pm »
Ohhh dude, that's a cool video you linked to. I'm amazed at how many of those I haven't seen.  :scratch:
Watching that here at work (with no speakers) was STILL nine minutes of my life well spent. THANKS!!  :thumb:

Your (previous) room sounds unbelievable!  :o How thick where your walls, not including studs? MAN, that sounds cool. It's a shame you have to start over, but look at the bright side, you how have the ability to do things you didn't have the chance to the first time around. Although, it doesn't sound like you left anything out the first time.  :lol:
If I could snap my fingers and have my room back to 'day one' with concrete walls and floors, I'd do it in a second. There are too many things I regret, didn't do, or didn't know about.....I'd do it all over given the chance.
But to demolish mine..........VERY low W.A.F.  :nono:
That wouldn't fly at all.  :roll:

I'd also like to get a new PJ, mine's only 1080i.  :( But I still LOVE it very much.

Say, by chance you had a PM.  :wink:
Bob

RAW

« Reply #7 on: 14 Nov 2008, 07:13 pm »
Bob
Yes nice to get into the new home and start all over. Only issue I have acousticaly is the furnace,AC,HTW tank will be in the hall to the right of my main listening spot, plus i will have to design some new surround.( too bad  :lol:)

Yes with my old room I had 3 bass traps,corner traps and 4 705 plus new acoustic board as well.At least i can take them with me.

I agree my wife is not happy about me tearing the drywall off the new home in the HT room.But as she does understand the differences acoustic treatment makes both in room as well as out of the room thankfully.

Heads up coming your way.

Sure can take some audio discs if they show up :wink: Last one I got was from lonewolf

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 14 Nov 2008, 07:30 pm »
I agree my wife is not happy about me tearing the drywall off the new home in the HT room. But as she does understand the differences acoustic treatment makes both in room as well as out of the room thankfully.
Would it be more accurate to say she understands YOU?   :lol:

The furnace/AC/HWT shouldn't be "too" much of a problem, just more costly and time consuming to isolate them.
That part sucks.
One of my biggest regrets is not making the walls physically strong enough. The damn things creak and pop when the LFE's get to be too much.  :evil:
Basically, I need to spend an entire weekend playing LF tones to find and repair all my rattles.  :roll:

I'll be looking for the heads up. I'll also get a list together of what discs I have and see what you need.

Thanks man!!
Bob

se-riously

« Reply #9 on: 20 Jan 2009, 07:21 pm »
Anybody know of other movies (DVDs specifically) this trailer appear on?

The Amazing Life trailer is also on the "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" DVD that came out late last year.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #10 on: 14 May 2010, 08:16 am »
THX--The loudest part of all my movies that have it!!!
 Love it!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #11 on: 25 May 2010, 03:58 pm »
The THX is the key to decide when im buying a new speaker setup/headphones for movies.  :thumb: