Using Ipod to move playlists from 1 computer to another

zapper7

• Its time to have fun, its fun to have time
My wife has a new laptop and wishes to move her playlist, which contains 40% of the total music on the old PC's Itunes, to her laptop. We have all the songs/movies on her Ipod.
I have read how to move the entire "my music" folder, but not just her playlist.
I can connect her Ipod to the new laptop and see the songs/movies on it, but can't seem to get them to the new Itunes library on her laptop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks  Z

dB Cooper

Re: Using Ipod to move playlists from 1 computer to another
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2008, 08:48 pm »
If you have separate user accounts on the host computer, you have separate xml files containing the info. If not, it's gonna be difficult to impossible to separate them out. Unless...
You use one of the many free utilities for moving the music and playlists from the ipod back to the pc. There is one for the mac called Senuti and doubtless something comparable for the PC (a little googling should turn these utilities up).
This will all be much easier with separate user accounts on the computer.
Hope this helps.

Crimson

« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2008, 09:07 pm »
I found quite a few utilities that do what Senuti does for Windows, although none are free. Here's a CNET article that describes a simple way to transfer the songs without any additional utility.
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2008, 11:15 pm by Crimson »

zapper7

• Its time to have fun, its fun to have time
« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2008, 10:17 pm »
Thanks guys, I will see what I can do. :scratch:

richidoo

« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2008, 10:36 pm »
Thanks for that link Crimson. A client of mine lost her hard drive and was worried she had orphaned all her iPod tracks. I emailed her the link. I hope it works!
Rich