Transcendence Five Tube Pre/Insight 240 vs Insight Intergrated?

Art_Chicago

Hi,
I am thinking about matching my upcoming SongTowers with either Insight Control amp or the used Transcendence 5 ($445 at avahifi.com)/new Insight 240.The combo costs the same money as the integrated. As I am new here, I have not heard either of them (no AVA equipment at all). Can anyone share the experience with Trans 5 pre and the Insight Control?
Thanks a lot,
Art

sueata1

Art,,,,,thats a good preamp @ the right price,  I think you would be very pleased with it matching to some Insight
amplification,,,,,,

Mel

Wayner

I always think that seperates are best. You may not have a need now, but it will give you the flexability in the future. The intergrated amp is nice too.

Wayner  :D

martyo

I ditto the above. That is a lot of preamp for the money and seperates for the same price as an integrated..........I have heard the integrated and it still shares the basic "DNA" of all AVA gear. And if the mood ever struck you, you'd have the option of the tube rolling tweak. My brother has the T5 and after listening to it in my old system you can look at my signature and see what happened aa  8)

mark funk

The T-5 is still a fine preamp, I've has mine about four years and still very happy with it and the T-5 well work just fine with any amp.I saw Frank has an Insight DAC in the 12 inch chassis. That would be a nice little set, T-5, Insight DAC, and what ever of Frank's amps and Song Towers. :thumb::smoke:

avahifi

Actually the new Insight Control Amp is better than the T5 - Insight basic amp combination because the Insight Control Amp has a better preamp section.  For the same price I would recommend the Insight Control Amp as the better choice.  Note that neither the used T5 or the Insight Control Amp have a phono section, if you need that then a new Insight preamp and Insight basic amp would be a better choice.

Regards, and thanks much for your interest.

Frank Van Alstine

Art_Chicago

Thanks for the comments, guys! Of course, after all the positive  on the Trans 5, Frank's comment did not make my choice any easier!  :D
Frank, I really apprecite your openness about your equipment. I should probably  call you when I decide to proceed with purchasing the gear.
Regards,
Art

avahifi

Darn it, it is really hard getting a phono section to be quiet enough packed in with that big power amplifier in the Insight Control Amplifier.  It will probably cost nearly as much as our separate free standing Insight Phono Preamp to get it quiet enough to be practical and then it is not economically practical.  So we have put that option on hold for a while.  We can supply the optional remote control, no problem though.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine