Warranty - Norway

nonca

Warranty - Norway
« on: 8 Nov 2008, 03:21 pm »
Is the Bryston Warrany transferable?
I bought my Bryston 4B SST second hand and it has now come to my attention that the Norwegian importer does not give warranty support to others than the original purchaser.
This in spite of the fact that the Warranty paper that came with the amplifier distinctly says that the Warranty is transferably as long as the bill, including serial, from the original Bryston dealer is present.

Thanks,
Jonas

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Warranty - Norway
« Reply #1 on: 8 Nov 2008, 03:45 pm »
Is the Bryston Warrany transferable?
I bought my Bryston 4B SST second hand and it has now come to my attention that the Norwegian importer does not give warranty support to others than the original purchaser.
This in spite of the fact that the Warranty paper that came with the amplifier distinctly says that the Warranty is transferably as long as the bill, including serial, from the original Bryston dealer is present.

Thanks,
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

Yes as long as the amplifier was purchased from an authorized Bryston dealer initially the warranty is transferable.

james

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #2 on: 8 Nov 2008, 06:27 pm »
If nonca then in the future sells the amp on, will the new owner also have access to the warranty?
I mean, there is not a limit to the amount of new owners.
So it's sort of transferable over a period of 20 years then, also at 2nd owner 3rd owner 4rth and so on?

Imperial

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 8 Nov 2008, 06:34 pm »
If nonca then in the future sells the amp on, will the new owner also have access to the warranty?
I mean, there is not a limit to the amount of new owners.
So it's sort of transferable over a period of 20 years then, also at 2nd owner 3rd owner 4rth and so on?

Imperial

Correct as long as the original bill of sale proving the first purchase was from an authorized Bryston dealer follows the amp.

james

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #4 on: 8 Nov 2008, 06:41 pm »
Thanx!  :D

Imperial