November Issue is out

Affordable$$Audio

November Issue is out
« on: 7 Nov 2008, 03:54 pm »
Hello Everyone:
The November issue of Affordable$$Audio is now ready for free download.  This month we review the Blue Circle PowerLine products, Manley Labs Stingray Int. amp.  Plus, much more!
Thanks for reading this celebration of audio.
www.affordableaudio.org

iGrant

Re: November Issue is out
« Reply #1 on: 9 Nov 2008, 03:26 pm »
Rachel Grant?, I'm in enough trouble already :) It's Rachel Zhang.

Cheers,
Ian

chrisby

« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2008, 05:07 pm »
Rachel Grant?, I'm in enough trouble already :) It's Rachel Zhang.

Cheers,
Ian

Ian, that could be the best trouble you've found yourself "in"

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2008, 08:16 pm »
$995 for an Acoustic Revive RWL-3 panel,,, a 2' x 4' diffusion panel that is nothing more than styrofoam, wood, and a silk sheet? :roll: And you bought 3 of them? Nothing affordable bout that. :lol: I'm only saying all this not to criticize but to compare to my own experiences of this panel when it first came out under the Furutech name. Like you, I own 3 of those panels and I'm in full agreement with your review as to their effectiveness in opening up a soundstage, especially in a small 11' x 17' x 7' room like mine. I have 2 panels mounted on the walls and 1 on the ceiling between my loudspeakers and all at 1st reflection points. These panels are so light, I had no problem mounting 1 on the strapping boards of my hanging tile ceiling. :D But I paid $400 each for my panels and even at that price point, I felt I got taken to the cleaners for what it actually took to make this panel. But $995 each, someone aughta go to jail for bilking the public. :cuss: I also own Acoustic Revive's RR-77 Schumann Resonator and the RGC-24 Grounding Conditioner which I feel take more to manufacture and are both more than 1/2 the price less than this stryofoam diffuser. Selling 2 diffusers at that price would be much more realistically accptable. :scratch:

I'll also reluctantly admit I bought a 2-pak of Acoustic Revive WS-1 Acoustic Conditioners for $370 which turned out to be nothing more than a 11" foam pillow with a silk cover which had me banging my head but even those weren't as ridiculously overpriced as the RWL-3 panel IMHO.

As always, loved the Issue and the high rsolution pictures. And I loved the RWL-1 review, I;m just stating my displeasure with that pricepoint. Keep up the good work. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Affordable$$Audio

« Reply #4 on: 29 Nov 2008, 05:29 pm »
No problem voicing your opinion Robin, especially when done in a fair and respectful way!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #5 on: 29 Nov 2008, 05:32 pm »
Thanks Mark. :thumb:

guest1632

« Reply #6 on: 12 Dec 2008, 09:36 am »
Hello Everyone:
The November issue of Affordable$$Audio is now ready for free download.  This month we review the Blue Circle PowerLine products, Manley Labs Stingray Int. amp.  Plus, much more!
Thanks for reading this celebration of audio.
www.affordableaudio.org

Hi, Well, i've been trying to download the Nov. iddue now for the past month. I was able to just download successfully the Dec. issue. With a Screenreader with Adobe 8 or 9, it comes up saying that the page is blank, and stops there. Any ideas that I need to do to fix this so I can download the Nov. issue?

Thanks.

Ray Bronk

Affordable$$Audio

« Reply #7 on: 15 Dec 2008, 02:15 am »
Ray:
I wish I had an answer for you as your the only person to report this problem.  I test the download capability using both a mac and a windows, from home and work.  it sounds to me like a corruption in the program files.  Have you tried downloading using a different computer by chance.  We do have a handful of readers who use the public library and a flash drive because they have a slow connection at home that can get disconnected.
Best of luck.
P.S. if your email allows for file sizes larger than 10 megs, I'd be happy to send it to you that way.

guest1632

« Reply #8 on: 15 Dec 2008, 12:17 pm »
Ray:
I wish I had an answer for you as your the only person to report this problem.  I test the download capability using both a mac and a windows, from home and work.  it sounds to me like a corruption in the program files.  Have you tried downloading using a different computer by chance.  We do have a handful of readers who use the public library and a flash drive because they have a slow connection at home that can get disconnected.
Best of luck.
P.S. if your email allows for file sizes larger than 10 megs, I'd be happy to send it to you that way.

You could try emailing it to my gmail address,

raybronk@gmail.com

See if that works. Thanks.

Ray