Q from newguy: Which RWA amp to match current system?

wappinghigh

Re: Q from newguy: Which RWA amp to match current system?
« Reply #20 on: 16 Nov 2008, 05:04 am »
Vinnie there you go! Now you've gone and done it.....I'm going to have to get two 30.2's! Each with volume...so I can balance L and R...all without a preamp!

kitten

« Reply #21 on: 16 Nov 2008, 03:37 pm »
Just a thought...

If you have 6k to spend on two 30.2s, you might want to also consider dacless Isabella/30.2pwr. This would only be two hundred bucks more after discounts (if my maths is right).

If you're certain about the bi-amping route and don't like the idea of a pre then forget what I'm sayin'. But there are many good speakers around nowadays without separate treble/bass terminals. Flexibility and all that :drums:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #22 on: 17 Nov 2008, 04:46 pm »
If you have 6k to spend on two 30.2s, you might want to also consider dacless Isabella/30.2pwr. This would only be two hundred bucks more after discounts (if my maths is right).

Yes - If you own a RWA component and buy and Isabella (or buy an Isabella with a new RWA component), we take 10% off the Isabella.

So 10% off $4000 (Isabella linestage) is $3600, + $2600 (30.2 power amp) = $6200.  Two Sig 30.2 integrateds = $6000.

Looks like Kitten's math looks correct.  8)

Now you've gone and done it.....I'm going to have to get two 30.2's! Each with volume...so I can balance L and R...all without a preamp!

That'll work fine as long as you don't mind raising/lower two volume controls at the same time.  Using a remote for this is not flawless in operation because if one amp receives a command and the other does not, one will be louder than the other, etc.  Of course if you are controlling the volume by hand, it will be fine...  :wink:

Vinnie