Slimserver software not scanning

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Slimserver software not scanning
« on: 4 Nov 2008, 05:29 pm »
Hi:

I have recently been having problems with my Slimserver software in regards to scanning the drive/folder where I store my ripped(EAC) CD's.  When I go to settings and try to scan for new music or try and rescan the entire folder(not that large yet) nothing happens.  I can access my albums through the SB3.  However, some of the albums are not showing up like they use to, hence the reason for rescanning my entire library.  The settings are all correct in regards to where my flac files are located.  It just doesn't want to scan for some reason. :evil:   Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

rklein

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Slimserver software not scanning
« Reply #1 on: 4 Nov 2008, 05:48 pm »
Instead of "rescan for new new music", did you try to "clear library and rescan for music"?

Bob

rklein

« Reply #2 on: 4 Nov 2008, 06:04 pm »
Hi Bob:

Instead of "rescan for new new music", did you try to "clear library and rescan for music"?

I tried both ways.  When I click for either option the page seems to refresh quickly and that is it.

Thanks,

rklein

rklein

« Reply #3 on: 4 Nov 2008, 06:07 pm »
BTW, I get no scanning errors either.  Just a quick refresh of the screen.

Thanks,

rklein

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 4 Nov 2008, 06:25 pm »
I don't know.
I was hoping my first suggestion would fix your problem....Then I'd be looking pretty cool right now.  :lol:

I searched the slimdevices forum for quite awhile. There's been a couple folks with your problem and they've both been fixed by updating to the latest version.
Which version are you currently using?

Bob

rklein

« Reply #5 on: 4 Nov 2008, 06:57 pm »
I had to call my wife as I am at the office working 8)...  The version I am currently running is 7.0.  My operating system is Windows XP.

Thanks,

rklein

Charles Calkins

« Reply #6 on: 4 Nov 2008, 07:03 pm »
When you did a rescan did you hit apply after your library was rescanned?

Cheers
                                  Charlie

rklein

« Reply #7 on: 4 Nov 2008, 07:16 pm »
Hi Charlie:

The scanning process never gets that far.  When I hit the scan button it looks like my page refreshes very quickly and that is about it.  When I used to scan, it would say scanning in process.  Doesn't do that either...  Basically, nothing is being scanned. 

Thanks,

rklein

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 4 Nov 2008, 07:52 pm »
I've had versions 6.5.4 and now (I think) 7.2.

I've never seen the "apply" button after a rescan, but then again, I've not rescanned my library after the update. It did that automatically after the update and I've not added anything to the library to warrant a rescan.

Just curious: If you click rescan I do believe the screen just flashes (by design). However if you immediately go back to the home page to view your library, it should say something like "your library is being rescanned" (the message is version dependant, and I'm not sure what 7.0 specifically says). There are no big fancy bells and whistles to indicate the scan is still running.

Um... Just for grins rklein, update to the newest version 7.2.1 as they advertise "Numerous bug fixes", and "Squeezebox firmware updates to fix a number of issues".

Other than that, I'm at a loss.  :scratch:

Bob

rklein

« Reply #9 on: 4 Nov 2008, 08:06 pm »
Thanks Bob.  When I get home I will try to upgrade to the newer version.

Yours,

Randy

rklein

« Reply #10 on: 4 Nov 2008, 08:08 pm »
Just curious: If you click rescan I do believe the screen just flashes (by design). However if you immediately go back to the home page to view your library, it should say something like "your library is being rescanned" (the message is version dependant, and I'm not sure what 7.0 specifically says). There are no big fancy bells and whistles to indicate the scan is still running.

You are right... When I would scan and go back to view my library it would say "your library is being rescanned".  Now it doesn't say anything.  It is like I didn't try to scan at all.

Randy

rklein

« Reply #11 on: 4 Nov 2008, 09:32 pm »
I came home and downloaded the newest version of Squeeze Center 7.2.1 and Voila!!  Everything worked :D

Thanks to Bob for the idea of downloading the latest version.

Randy

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 4 Nov 2008, 09:41 pm »
You're welcome. Glad it's working for you.  :thumb:

Bob