Room For One More?

r.wasserstrom

Room For One More?
« on: 1 Nov 2008, 10:18 pm »
Hi All,

I've lurked here a few times and decided to register, because this looks like a cordial group.  So if there's room for one more, I'd like to join up.  (Why am I thinking about Groucho Marx's famous quote? :lol:)

Rich

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: Room For One More?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Nov 2008, 01:24 am »
Welcome, Rich.  There is always room for more nice guys.  :wink:  We will probably be having a gathering soon.  Where do you hail from?

IronLion

« Reply #2 on: 2 Nov 2008, 01:33 am »
A gathering soon?  Any details? 

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #3 on: 2 Nov 2008, 04:05 am »
A gathering soon?  Any details? 

Well, I figure it's about time we have one.  The weather is getting cold and the tubes don't overheat a room.  I am willing to have one in early December unless somebody else want to step in.  I got some new stuff but most have already seen my room. So, if anybody want to show off their stuff (I know some who got some goodies recently  aa) step up to the plate.   :wink:

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #4 on: 2 Nov 2008, 09:44 pm »
Welcome, Rich.  There is always room for more nice guys.  :wink:  We will probably be having a gathering soon.  Where do you hail from?

Thanks for the welcome, Woodsyi.

I live in Rockville, Md., just outside the Beltway.  I'm up for a get together.  I see you proposed a December gathering.  I can't host that one, but I'd be glad to host the next, say in February, 2009.

I'm in between CD players.  My Phillips CD-80 (with tube output) gave up the ghost, so I'm looking for a new one, maybe this time with SACD capability.  The Marantz SA-8003 and Sony SCD-XA5400ES interest me and are in my price range.  Anybody hear these yet?

wje

« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2008, 01:25 am »
Welcome, Rich!  :thumb:

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #6 on: 14 Nov 2008, 05:30 pm »
Thanks, WJE.  Hope to see you on the 6th.
Rich