Received my Sapphire XLs tonight!

stereocilia

Received my Sapphire XLs tonight!
« on: 30 Oct 2008, 02:31 am »

mini review: ...Awesome!

I certainly hear a change in sound within the first few minutes, the image snaps into focus and the sound becomes noticeably more open.  I know break-in actually takes like 60 hours, but already I'm thrilled!

:hyper:

Joe_K

Re: Received my Sapphire XLs tonight!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2008, 02:40 pm »

mini review: ...Awesome!

I certainly hear a change in sound within the first few minutes, the image snaps into focus and the sound becomes noticeably more open.  I know break-in actually takes like 60 hours, but already I'm thrilled!

:hyper:

Yes, and it get's better and better! :D
Joe

stereocilia

« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2008, 06:25 pm »
Thanks!

My wife thought a pipe broke because I forgot to tell hear about the pink noise I downloaded for break-in.

My seven-year-old says:  "Oh, cool..., and I like the spinny thing!"
He was of course referring to the "pinwheel" pattern on the woofer.  I'm not sure if this is exactly the owner quote Mike would be mining for, but there it is.   :D

stereocilia

« Reply #3 on: 7 Nov 2008, 03:17 am »

I want to make sure that the sand I use to fill my speaker stands is nice and dry.  So, uh, did I actually just ask my wife if she would mind if I use the oven to dry out some sand?  Yes, in fact, I did.  Now, she is unable to stop laughing.

BTW The speakers are just about broken in, and my impression is, of course, extremely favorable.  I can post more detail under the customer review thread later, I just thought the sand thing was funny.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 7 Nov 2008, 06:56 am »
Gayle....

Good luck with your new XL's.... 8)
.....their good speakers...very easy on the ears !!! :beer:

I enjoyed your comment about the sand in the oven.... :lol: ....but its a good way to dry it out... :wink:

Chris

rydenfan

« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2008, 02:35 am »
Enjoy your new speakers  :beer:

griller

« Reply #6 on: 13 Nov 2008, 10:33 pm »
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine! I'll keep my eyes our for a review.

stereocilia